Transmission too hot warning sign

Re: Transmission too hot warning sign

Hi bro.

Thanks for the heads up. You are right. The service tech did mentioned about transmission cooler and such. Your idea on changing the whole transmission makes my eyes glow !!! Hahahahaah.. If possible, I will go for that ! Hahah...

Anthony05;1110432 said:
Hi bro.

Thanks for the heads up. You are right. The service tech did mentioned about transmission cooler and such. Your idea on changing the whole transmission makes my eyes glow !!! Hahahahaah.. If possible, I will go for that ! Hahah...
I think possible but tough... Pml give a lot of bullshit n ask u go off ...
Worst then sim lim gangsters... This type is wear smart smart n play games with u type.

If needed to I can be your camera man ... U kneel n beg them bah

If not have to bang table style Liao. Hahaha.. This part I'm pretty good if they step on my tail.

Anthony05;1110452 said:
If not have to bang table style Liao. Hahaha.. This part I'm pretty good if they step on my tail.

they ell you do not abuse their staffs

Anthony05;1108442 said:
Hi everyone,

Need help on this warning sign.
I'm driving a 2012 328I (mileage 59,000 km ) got this while driving on the NS highway.
Was on around 150-160km/h for about 1.5 hours then this warning sign came out. (Ever tried non stop for 3 hours also no problem) car can still travel after that sign came out but with "Drive at moderate speed". So I reduced speed to 120-130km/h. After 10 mins, the light went out.

Any guru here know what's the problem and what parts / problems may link with this warning sign?

I've read up on some but those similar are mainly in Europe and theirs are year 2007-2008 models. They have experienced power lost.

Thanks all in advance ! :)

This is bad news and it is time you should consider selling the ride.

I lived with this problem with my 06 E90 for a couple of years. Every time I took it to KL, this f**king red gear warning sign will pop up once or twice during the journey. The feeling is like "f**k, I am driving a BMW and the f**king Kancil is faster than I and they have no gear problem!!"

I spent $4K+ overhauling the gearbox, took it back for oil change, cleared all the error codes but still, THE PROBLEM NEVER WENT AWAY. Trust me, once you have this problem, your car will continue to have this problem. The car will never feel the same again. I suspect this may be a LEMON problem and you just picked one. Of course, some are luckier but then again, many will not openly say that they have this problem.

I no longer drive a BMW. Good Riddance!

Pengful: Oh mine !!!! That's bad news for me man !! :(
Was your ride then still under warranty ? What's your mechanic view on that problem of yours ? Since they suggested Overhauled the gearbox then.

Update you guys on the bmw checks:

I've collected my ride and what they did was a " reprogramming" to the gear box and asked me to keep an eye on it... WTH.. There's no way to test on SG roads.. If go NS highway, if this thing comes up again???
I'm going to keep going back to them to pester on this problem.

Keep you guys update again if this can be resolve.

I had previously drained my ATF out once in a while to check on its state e.g whether it's burnt or look at the color etc.

If the ATF is sheared .... It will overheat.

You could also check the ATF level ..... Transmissions with low levels of atf would be overwhelmed by the heat.

Faulty solenoids can lead to overheating as well ......

Remember that there is a heat exchanger between the ATF and the coolant .... If your coolant is already overwhelmed by heat then your transmission will have issues as well. Bear in mind that there is another heat exchanger between the engine oil and coolant. Maybe it's related in your case ......

Transmissions can be fixed ..... Read the zf manual carefully and do exactly what it says and it should be fine.

Flashing gearboxes may help - solenoids are hydroelectrical components that are part of the mechatronic ......

Could be a faulty sensor only. I used to get coolant overheating message till PML replaced my sensor.

Turbonetic;1124135 said:
Could be a faulty sensor only. I used to get coolant overheating message till PML replaced my sensor.

Hi bro,

The coolant sensor I've changed before.
PML is changing a gear sensor for me to try it out. Problem only comes when I maintain at higher speed. 180-190km/h and beyond for say 10 mins ?? Cruise around 150-160km/h for 1-2 hours not a problem. The light never comes up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genshinlabnet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back