Tried and Tested Means to De-tox / De-Sludge Your BMW

Re: Tried and Tested Means to De-tox / De-Sludge Your BMW

canuck78;925510 said:
Bro, if your oil level sensor show different reading at different times, it's about time to replace the oil sensor. Cost around $100+

Mine was replaced before i fixed the oil burning issue and it shows full mark every-time while i drive now.

What i did in the past was to check say 5 min after morning start-up, but as oil sensor was already faulty or covered by the sludge, it may not accurate whichever way you use it anymore.

Imagine i was losing oil, and the faulty oil level sensor keep prompting me to add 1L. I added 1L but still felt uneasy. Brought car to workshop to check, and when they drain out all the engine oil, we only got 2.1L to come out. So you can imagine i was running around with 50% of the required oil capacity in the engine!

Only after i got the new oil level sensor, i was able to tell how long/distance i can go before burning up 1L of oil.

I will suggest you change your oil level sensor as the first thing to do since there's no physical dipstick. With a faulty oil sensor, the car also cannot to warn you accurately to potential low engine oil levels until it's too late.

After long drive e.g 1 hour, ur level still full?

For me I check about 10min after I move off, it is full level but after abt 1 hour later. It become left 1 bar above min. Strange as there is no leak which I have already fixed. Hope is not oil burning but sensor issue.

Maybe I should change the sensor and monitor. Tks for your advice.

Yes it stays eerily at full mark no matter when I check it now, since my last oil change more than a month ago!

It was yo-yoing all the time before I got the oil sensor changed.

To check if any oil burning through exhaust, idle > 15 min or after short drive > 15min, get someone to rev car to 4-5k rpm, see for yourself if any white smoke?

I was told the oil sensor is a wear and tear part and need replacement usually after 5 years.

eddienike;925521 said:
After long drive e.g 1 hour, ur level still full?

For me I check about 10min after I move off, it is full level but after abt 1 hour later. It become left 1 bar above min. Strange as there is no leak which I have already fixed. Hope is not oil burning but sensor issue.

Maybe I should change the sensor and monitor. Tks for your advice.

Ok. I am clearly now.. Get it change tomorrow..
Thanks again!

How's your new oil sensor?

eddienike;925846 said:
Ok. I am clearly now.. Get it change tomorrow..
Thanks again!

busytiger;924331 said:
Thanks for your quick reply bro! By the way, correct me if I am wrong, your front grill is black right? Can PM where did you get it done and the damage? very chio leh!

Bro lkm is right on the cheap mod. If you rather purchase them, its from Bimshop, one of the advertizer at this forum, i think having some xmas sale going on....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyCarey

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back