"Tuck" sound when coming to stop and moving off

wubs

Hi Bros,

Do you experience a tuck sound when your car is coming to a stop and again a tuck sound when you release the brake pedal to move off? Or again is it normal to have such sound ? My wife told me wow ur car brake pad so "jiat" until can heard sucj sound :screwedu::

Re: "Tuck" sound when coming to stop and moving off

super normal it seems.. . I encountered that snce day 1 anfd the pml technician told me it's normal on bmw cars which I found it hard to swallow.... however, the sound seems to be softer after I have driven it for 14 months...

Not sure if we're referring to the same, I brought car to BVO and was told it's either some cupping rubber worn out or rear diff.

Its seems that everytime when my car comes to a stop, a tuck sound is heard but the car did not jerk. whenever i release the footbrake to move off the car, the same sound can be heard again.
Initially i was thinking whether could it be a mechanism lock to lock the wheel hence the sound is there.... puzzle....

wubs;695385 said:
Its seems that everytime when my car comes to a stop, a tuck sound is heard but the car did not jerk. whenever i release the footbrake to move off the car, the same sound can be heard again.
Initially i was thinking whether could it be a mechanism lock to lock the wheel hence the sound is there.... puzzle....

I tnk is due to PML brake pad wch is softer, u shd see lots of brake dust on the rims.

wubs;695385 said:

If worry bout it, no harm drop by yur trustworthly workshop to have it dyno via OBD. Just in case..

Mine was dyno with gear shift soleniod B faulty @ BOSS. Drop by Munich & dyno it as Mechatronic faulty. 60% firm / software cook up.. :shock: Am waiting for stock to arrive for replacement.

btw, my ride is less than a year old with 25000km usage only :shock: :shock:

Cheers ~~ :)

if car under warranty, bring it to pml and have them do a 100% diagnostic check.
if there is any failure, the ecu will throw error codes. if no error code, then too bad.

wt_know;695485 said:
if car under warranty, bring it to pml and have them do a 100% diagnostic check.
if there is any failure, the ecu will throw error codes. if no error code, then too bad.

My advise is to pay a visit to Munich .. U know PML lar ~~~ :yikess:

yup, go munich better :thumbsup:

tomace;695489 said:
My advise is to pay a visit to Munich .. U know PML lar ~~~ :yikess:

Since we at tuck sound …

My E60 when pressed start button sometimes having kinda loud thud with a slight vibration from the engine bay... wonder whats wrong with it leh?

Intermittent problem... sometime have most of the time don’t?

Any kind soul having similar issue?

duke.sg;695602 said:
Since we at tuck sound …

My E60 when pressed start button sometimes having kinda loud thud with a slight vibration from the engine bay... wonder whats wrong with it leh?

Intermittent problem... sometime have most of the time don’t?

Any kind soul having similar issue?
Open bonnet. Ask some1 to sit inside ur car & press start button. From there u could narrow down the problem.

Not sure mine is similar problem..mine is like a thump feeling when my car coasting down to stop.

sometime you will feel a thump(like sudden release of some pressure or locking component) just right below the driver seat. sent in to PML for 4-5time.

At first thought it was the similar problem of the famous car jerk when stop issue on most E90. So do re-program and .....problem still there.
The last checking was doen by so called their workshop consultant, which keep telling me it's a normal mechanical behaviour which they wil not border about it.

my ride=BMW X3 2.5SI

wubs;695266 said:
Hi Bros,

Do you experience a tuck sound when your car is coming to a stop and again a tuck sound when you release the brake pedal to move off? Or again is it normal to have such sound ? My wife told me wow ur car brake pad so "jiat" until can heard sucj sound :screwedu::

It's normal, don't worry.

Or to confirm, you can go showroom to test-drive.:laughlik:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back