Tuning new F series cars

Re: Tuning new F series cars

Think more relevant to post in this thread. I am tempted to install monster tune but is worried that the warranty may be compromised, since mine is a new car from PML. Is there such risk? Appreciate if someone can advise me before i jump in. Thanks!

brian_tay;906400 said:
Think more relevant to post in this thread. I am tempted to install monster tune but is worried that the warranty may be compromised, since mine is a new car from PML. Is there such risk? Appreciate if someone can advise me before i jump in. Thanks!
In general, yes, warranty sill be void if there's problem with e ride and PML knows about your tune.

If u still want to tune your ride, there's a safe way to go about it w/o causing e warranty to be void... Briefly as follows;

1) ECU REFLASH - put back e OEM map before going to PML if there's any mechanical problems with e ride.

2) 'Piggy-bag ECU' - remove the ecu before going to PML if there's any mechanical problems with e ride.

3) 'Full Replacement' ECU - totally not advisable unless warranty expires. Too much hassle if there's any mechanical problems with e ride.

Cents worth

P/S: Good luck if PML does a deep scan into e ride's ECU. However, most 'up-to-date' ECU re-flash or 'Piggy-bag' ECU are 'stealth'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wholeheartedly agree. :)

The onus is on the workshop to prove that you did a tune. Not enough proof, can't accuse. So we need to make sure we don't give them something to mark us either. Generally, if there is no issue with the car, there is no need to do a deep scan. Its only when you want to do a warranty claim, that's when they try to find fault in external mods, if they suspect something.

I personally like piggybacks cos its very hard to prove its existence after removal. But they lose out to ecu tunes on sheer power and smoothness. I hear bench tuning is in fact even more stealth than OBD port tuning, if your tuner is skilled in slicing your ecu's rubber seal open and does a good job. All tunes come with inherent risk but end of the day, piggybacks are more suited for those with low risk appetite.

Baby1M;906421 said:
In general, yes, warranty sill be void if there's problem with e ride and PML knows about your tune.

If u still want to tune your ride, there's a safe way to go about it w/o causing e warranty to be void... Briefly as follows;

1) ECU REFLASH - put back e OEM map before going to PML if there's any mechanical problems with e ride.

2) 'Piggy-bag ECU' - remove the ecu before going to PML if there's any mechanical problems with e ride.

3) 'Full Replacement' ECU - totally not advisable unless warranty expires. Too much hassle if there's any mechanical problems with e ride.

Cents worth

P/S: Good luck if PML does a deep scan into e ride's ECU. However, most 'up-to-date' ECU re-flash or 'Piggy-bag' ECU are 'stealth'.

Personally feel that one should buy from PI when going for such power upgrades.

Already spend 10k or more buying from pml and risking the warranty is not worthwhile.

buy from PI that tied up with workshop that zheng BMW

1. cheaper by $20k/$30k
2. no worry of warranty
3. can zheng for cosmetic or power and still maintained by the same workshop

wt_know;906653 said:
buy from PI that tied up with workshop that zheng BMW

1. cheaper by $20k/$30k
2. no worry of warranty
3. can zheng for cosmetic or power and still maintained by the same workshop

sound good...........which PI???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

brian_tay;906400 said:

if you worried then best option is to stay stock....................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back