turning off seatbelt off warning

Re: turning off seatbelt off warning

Disconnect the wires below the seats. Look for R2D, Rodney.

But dangerous leh, legality aside. Why would you wanna do that?

But Why? You intend to drive without seatbelts?!

Agree with Kenn.

ppl safe driver ma...
my lao pok chia also no seatbelt warning..

kenn and silver needs it cause driving too fast too furious! :p

can get the buckle and plug it in..lol just the buckle alone..no strap..

but yes..WHY? its important

will disconnecting the sensor wire affect any safety features of the car as now system will not be able to tell if he driver/passenger is onboard?? :confused:

slotting the dummy buckle is betta.... :yummie:

Re: turning off seatbelt warning

bro... if u wana disarm the seatbelt signal... its best to bring in to PML.
They will 1st make u sign a formal to authorise them to disarm before working on anythg.
It seems like a lot of work as it took them a day to finish it. After disarming the parts, they need to use the computer to reset some stuff in the system... this was explained to by them. I believe they also need to order some parts for the job.

the total cost is $152. suggest if you want to disarm it, make sure you give them a ring 1st, get them to prepare the necessary paper work & order necessary parts before hand so that you only make 1 trip dwn in total. :)

Re: turning off seatbelt warning

fishmonger;385035 said:
bro... if u wana disarm the seatbelt signal... its best to bring in to PML.
They will 1st make u sign a formal to authorise them to disarm before working on anythg.
It seems like a lot of work as it took them a day to finish it. After disarming the parts, they need to use the computer to reset some stuff in the system... this was explained to by them. I believe they also need to order some parts for the job.

the total cost is $152. suggest if you want to disarm it, make sure you give them a ring 1st, get them to prepare the necessary paper work & order necessary parts before hand so that you only make 1 trip dwn in total. :)

Yap. Disarmed mine when I first got my car while my wife's stomach was huge while she was 7 months in labour.

I think they were saying that even if you disconnect the wire below the seat. There will be some error showing in the OBC.

there is a sensor on the passenger seat, not sure whether it is connected to the seatbelt.

this sensor activates the airbags on the passenger side. so if it is not activated, the airbags WILL NOT deploy.

just to let you know...

i just left the seatbelt warning keep beeping. after abt 5mins or so, it will not beep any more, just the warning message appears on the idrive

But why would anyone not want to wear his/her seatbelt? It does save lives.

Mine start ringing again after 5min...:( - hence going get a spare belt "head" to plug in whenever i release my belt early esp when i reached my carpark..

cheers

Azrielsc;385238 said:
But why would anyone not want to wear his/her seatbelt? It does save lives.

Agreed - the airbag can cause harm in a collision if one is not properly belted up anyway.

I've found that the alarm is a useful tool to get passengers who do not like to belt up to wear their seat belts and not cause me demerit points!

problem is that passenger airbag may not deploy if seatbelt is not on.

actually, i do belt up and am an advocate of seatbelts

just that i have 2 not so good habits, i sometimes drive off first and after a min or under into my journey, i put on the seatbelt. i tend to do this when i m in a rush

another habit of mine is that as i approach my house or after entering carparks, i will usually release it first....

so was wondering if there's any way to disable it
but it sounds like too much trouble so i will prob leave it as it is

while sticking a spare seatbelt bucket in is a easy and possible fix, it wouldn't do for me
because i do wanna use the actual seatbelt

thks for the thoughts guys... :)

joshdway;385532 said:
actually, i do belt up and am an advocate of seatbelts

just that i have 2 not so good habits, i sometimes drive off first and after a min or under into my journey, i put on the seatbelt. i tend to do this when i m in a rush

another habit of mine is that as i approach my house or after entering carparks, i will usually release it first....

so was wondering if there's any way to disable it
but it sounds like too much trouble so i will prob leave it as it is

while sticking a spare seatbelt bucket in is a easy and possible fix, it wouldn't do for me
because i do wanna use the actual seatbelt

thks for the thoughts guys... :)

moi have exactly the same habit.... take off seat belt in carpark so that i can stretch a bit to look for lots.... or blind corners of the carpark.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8singles
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back