Tweeter for E60

Chris777

hi,

E60 523 do not come with a tweeter.. thinking of installing one, anyone out there has any recommendation? I am thinking of either MB Quart or Focal, audio, hope to get a crossover too. cheers!

Re: Tweeter for E60

Chris777 said:
hi,

E60 523 do not come with a tweeter.. thinking of installing one, anyone out there has any recommendation? I am thinking of either MB Quart or Focal, audio, hope to get a crossover too. cheers!

you sure? you mean the grille at the wing mirror is empty inside?
even at entry level audio it is at least six way right? 2 at the back; 2 at the front door panel and 2 at the wing mirror...

hi, that's right. Extremely disappointed! My previous ride, E39 520 (2.2 version, 2001) comes with OEM amp and tweeter, much better set-up than this E60! Kind of crap right, for such an executive car yet they sting on such fundamental equipment! Sigh....

I am in the same opinion. The audio system in the E60 is really dissappointing.

Further more, everything is integrated and it difficult to upgrade the head set this days.

Wow...i am shocked !! Its probably a coaxial (ie tweets and mids together) cos the high freq must come from somwhere ! You guys need to change it to a component set if thats the case.

As for not changing the headunit and improvment the sound, you can get a alpine H701 sound processor plus the controller rux-c701(i think).

Actually there is another (home) audiophile school of thought that says that coaxial speakers are more "time-aligned" - do a search on "Thiel" to find out more.

I know car audio is a separate kettle of fish, but in home audio, tweeter-on-top does not always mean best sound.

its all about preferences and opinions i guess...:)

time alignment can be adjusted once u have a processor or headunit with this capability. Car audio, staging etc is different matter as u mentioned. For front stage in cars, u dont wanna place the tweets too low...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back