Tyre pressure how much?

bmw318i

Hi all

need some advice. pl tell me how much pressure to pump for my tyres.
for E36 318i
18 " BBS rims.

pls tell me how much pressure

thanks

Re: Tyre pressure how much?

bmw318i;148858 said:
Hi all

need some advice. pl tell me how much pressure to pump for my tyres.
for E36 318i
18 " BBS rims.

pls tell me how much pressure

thanks

You may go staggered pressures. More for rears.

Eg. 260 R 240 F
Eg. 250R 230 F

Depending on your preference.........

Some people like comfort for everyday use and go 220 all round but 220 is a little low lah.....and maybe not so optimum for performance and fuel efficiency.

Cheers!

any idea how much i should pump for 18" rims on a 320ia?
considering these wheels arent stock, i shouldnt follow the recommendations on the door sill right?

There's probably a sticker around the driver door for recommended tyre pressure and most tyres have the imprint on the side that dictates the maximum pressure designed for. You can check them out and use them as a guide. Most tyres will falls within the range of 220 ~ 260 kpa, with 220 on the comfort and 260 kpa being more hard on the ride but in some performance tyres, the higher pressure is needed for optimum grip.

Hence, besides the rims' size, it also depends on the type of tyres you have bought. What you basically need to look out for is that the span of the tyres contact squarely to the road surface, you will know that you are riding on too little pressure when you both your outer edges wear out faster than the centre. Likewise, your center will wear out faster if you have over inflate. Both these conditions are bad as it's easy to aqua-plane in the former and poor grip for the latter.

pump 230/240 will stress a 16" stock tyre ?

i wan my tyre to last longer, how much should i get ?

Better to adhere to the manufacturer specifn based on total pax in the car.

Does anyone know how many times one have to go about pumping their wheels? Mine is just over a month old and has a 18" wheel..???

For E90, the americans owners stay within 34 to 37 psi which is about 235kpa and about 260 kpa.

I use about 235/240 front and 245/250 rear, am on 19" BBS not 18"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88diy
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back