Tyre repair kit or Portable air pump??

Sinner108

Hi

Since our do not come with spare tyres, and since most of us changed to normal tyres after the run-flat ones ware out, wonder what does the Bros on this forum recommend to put in car for emergency situations in case you have a flat tyre.

1. Tyre Repair Kit that is good for one flat tyre or

2. Tyre inflation pump that is powered by 12V car power socket.

Which do you use in your car and where do you recommend to buy it from?
Thanks for all the:helpp!: :)

Re: Tyre repair kit or Portable air pump??

buy the 1 canister tyre fix.....more practical.
fill it up, go to tyre shop to get it repaired properly

Bro, thanks for the reply.

As I have never used these canister tyre fix before and I heard that what the canister repair kit actually shoots, glue and air into the tyre to temporily seal the leak. But because of the glue, the tyre repair shop will KPKB, saying the tyre inner wall and Rim are full of glue and they have to spend time removing it...... is this true?

Thanks!

Hearsay from the tyre repair shop that sold me my Slime Repair Kit that the sealant can be easily removed and the tyre easily patched up and repaired. Since I'll be bringing the flat back to them, and since they are the ones who sold me the stuff, I'll make sure they keep their end of the bargain!

Thankfully, no need to call upon the repair kit thus far!

slime1.jpg

slime2.jpg

Sinner108;755123 said:
Bro, thanks for the reply.

As I have never used these canister tyre fix before and I heard that what the canister repair kit actually shoots, glue and air into the tyre to temporily seal the leak. But because of the glue, the tyre repair shop will KPKB, saying the tyre inner wall and Rim are full of glue and they have to spend time removing it...... is this true?

Thanks!

I've got a bottle of fix-a-flat in my boot..... haven't got around to having use that yet, but gives me some peace of mind....

check out http://www.fixaflat.com.... click on the Product Demo Video at the bottom left hand of the page. Shows what really goes on inside the tires when the product is squirted into a tire....

Doesn't look too messy after all once it's settled in.... =)

Thanks bro, your kit looks very pro. Seems to have lots of stuff in there. Ya, I am also getting it for peace of mind and not aiming to use it. Just like insurance.

Where do you get this and how much it cost? If not convenient to mentioned, you can pm me.. Thanks!

wobbles;755167 said:
Hearsay from the tyre repair shop that sold me my Slime Repair Kit that the sealant can be easily removed and the tyre easily patched up and repaired. Since I'll be bringing the flat back to them, and since they are the ones who sold me the stuff, I'll make sure they keep their end of the bargain!

Thankfully, no need to call upon the repair kit thus far!

slime1.jpg

slime2.jpg

Thanks for sharing.... Ya, I am getting it for peace of mind too. The video seems convincing.... and not messy at all to clean up... where do you get this from? DIY shops, like Home Fix? How much does it cost? If not convenient to share publicly, you can pm me. Thanks for the help, bro!

lkm;755348 said:
I've got a bottle of fix-a-flat in my boot..... haven't got around to having use that yet, but gives me some peace of mind....

check out http://www.fixaflat.com.... click on the Product Demo Video at the bottom left hand of the page. Shows what really goes on inside the tires when the product is squirted into a tire....

Doesn't look too messy after all once it's settled in.... =)

I saw this fix-a-flat at hurry tires. Maybe i should grab a can next time i pass by.

Sinner108;755506 said:
Thanks bro, your kit looks very pro. Seems to have lots of stuff in there. Ya, I am also getting it for peace of mind and not aiming to use it. Just like insurance.

Where do you get this and how much it cost? If not convenient to mentioned, you can pm me.. Thanks!

No worries bro, IIRC, I paid about $200 for the whole set - at Pitstop Tyres.

Thanks Bro, for the speedy reply... ok, will cehck out pitstop tyres the next time i am around there.
wobbles;755516 said:
No worries bro, IIRC, I paid about $200 for the whole set - at Pitstop Tyres.

wobbles;755516 said:
I paid about $200 for the whole set - at Pitstop Tyres.

Almost the same price as the BMW Mobility Kit, which includes an air pump. Presume the Slime also include an air pump?

What's in the BMW Mobility Kit?

Pump + one-time tyre repair kit all in one package? Not bad if that is true.

156F1;755612 said:
Almost the same price as the BMW Mobility Kit, which includes an air pump. Presume the Slime also include an air pump?

156F1;755612 said:

Yup, confirmed got big ass air compressor.

I never checked how many times the bottle of sealant can be used - this evening I check & report to the bros here.

U shd all have smoke canisters in your boot so that if your wife drives your car and gets lost, she can let go the smoke signal for you to find her location

MW;755940 said:
U shd all have smoke canisters in your boot so that if your wife drives your car and gets lost, she can let go the smoke signal for you to find her location

GPS bro, GPS...

Sinner108;755508 said:
Thanks for sharing.... Ya, I am getting it for peace of mind too. The video seems convincing.... and not messy at all to clean up... where do you get this from? DIY shops, like Home Fix? How much does it cost? If not convenient to share publicly, you can pm me. Thanks for the help, bro!

Autobacs! Can't remember the price... but it was something close to $10+ or $20.... really can't remember. But it's really inexpensive for peace of mind....

MW;755940 said:

Aiyoh! Go high tech - electronic locator beacons!.... beep beep beep.... hahah...

wobbles;755803 said:
Yup, confirmed got big ass air compressor.

I never checked how many times the bottle of sealant can be used - this evening I check & report to the bros here.

images

Cheap and good! Hahaha.... No need to spend $200....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back