Tyre repair kit or Portable air pump??

Re: Tyre repair kit or Portable air pump??

If the kit is going to cost couple of hundreds dollars, wouldnt it be cheaper and easier too to call for a tow truck?

Otar;756561 said:
If the kit is going to cost couple of hundreds dollars, wouldnt it be cheaper and easier too to call for a tow truck?

Fair enough, only worry is if the flat occurs on the North South Highway then how?

wobbles;756605 said:
Fair enough, only worry is if the flat occurs on the North South Highway then how?

Then suck thumb and cry lor... hahaha... :yummie:

What I have with me in the car are as follows.

1. Portable electric air pump.
2. A set of tyre repair kit.

If flat tyre in sg than slow drive to nearest workshop or petrol pump station to repair it. If along North South Highway than follow the guide comes with the repair kit and DIY lor.

I have in my boot the following:

Portable 12VDC pump from autobacs : $36
Tyre repair fibre/silicone strips and handles from autobacs $23

So i had a puncture along the road in JB, stopped the car ( E90 ) amd inspected the deflated tyre with iphone, saw the nail after hand turning the wheel.

Deflate the wheel by nipple release totally. Pull out the nail with pliers and observed the hole, not that big,. Inserted the fibre/silicone tread ( just like tyre shops do ) . Used the supplied hand file to file the hole slightly to get rid of dirt..

Inserted the treads with supplied hand tool and pull out, tread remains in the hole and sticks out from tyre. Cut off excess and waited 10 mins...

Used the air pump ( with screw head type preferrable ) and started pump took about 3 mins to inflate to 32 psi...

Drove off and no problem till today 3 weeks later...

You are the man, bro! Well done! Good to know that these things DO work :)

Hi .. All ... I forgot to add there are 2 types of hole patch kit in Autobacs. ( besides the foam seal type described in this post which is very messy)

I have bought both types, one is exactly like the one the use in tyre shops and the fibre strips do the job, the second newer type is same principle but using 1" pellets the sticks to the hole when u eject the tool... This type comes with a tube of past which I believe is an activator for the pellet to seal properly ..

If anyone curious should get a old type and try it to understand how it works... Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back