Tyres advice

oneHeadlight

Hello... driving a 318 FL sedan... currently on goodyear dunno wat.... 225/40/18.

need to change tyres...any recommendation ? I dont track, dont do much hard cornering (compare to the hardcore)..

and any workshop to recommend that also do alignment...cos i just change my shocks and springs...

thanks in advance.

Re: Tyres advice

oneHeadlight said:
Hello... driving a 318 FL sedan... currently on goodyear dunno wat.... 225/40/18.

need to change tyres...any recommendation ? I dont track, dont do much hard cornering (compare to the hardcore)..

and any workshop to recommend that also do alignment...cos i just change my shocks and springs...

thanks in advance.

I can think of Stamford that has all those all-in one service but don't like their pricing that much..

Try Michelin Preceda or Bridgestone RE040 or Eagle F1...pretty decent tires. U want something cheaper, got a friend who uses Hankook performance tires and he said pretty good for half the price of the Michelin Pilot Sports.

A few good shops i can think of like Hurry Tyres at Bt Timah rd , near the Farrer flyover, South East Tyres...
I think there wont be that much variation in the pricing....the whole set shud be in the region of 200-250 bux a piece I think...

TripleM said:
I can think of Stamford that has all those all-in one service but don't like their pricing that much..

Try Michelin Preceda or Bridgestone RE040 or Eagle F1...pretty decent tires. U want something cheaper, got a friend who uses Hankook performance tires and he said pretty good for half the price of the Michelin Pilot Sports.

A few good shops i can think of like Hurry Tyres at Bt Timah rd , near the Farrer flyover, South East Tyres...
I think there wont be that much variation in the pricing....the whole set shud be in the region of 200-250 bux a piece I think...

thanks man.... i m not a big fan of stamford as well...

domo

I am using Yoko AVS DB, which is still quiet but much better in the wet than normal DB. 4 wheel alignment best in business I know is Ah koon at CK Motorsports (formerly RS motorsports) AMK autopoint ground floor. Major car distributors send cars there when they cannot fix it in house.

opvaulet said:
I am using Yoko AVS DB, which is still quiet but much better in the wet than normal DB. 4 wheel alignment best in business I know is Ah koon at CK Motorsports (formerly RS motorsports) AMK autopoint ground floor. Major car distributors send cars there when they cannot fix it in house.

That is good info..
Cheers dude, swee2x

You can try the Dragon that is replacing the P7000 as a asian only model.

The price is not too expensive...maybe its new and need to establish in the market...for a gauge...235/45/17 it was going for S$ 210.00/pce at SE Tyre.

Dry Grip - Very good. Braking also positive. If you used tyres like Toyo Guwn, BS GridII etc...its around there.

Wet Grip - Eh...so so lah...better than most tyre if your travelling speed in the wet is not above 100kmh.....braking is also fairly good in the wet. But dun tail gate is all the advise I can give you.

Overall for the price that I paid...its bang for buck...IMHO. But its basically a comfort based tyre with some level of performance....near to P7000 performance...nar...that is BS. I still perfer the P7000 over the Dragon. But for the that price I paid....cannot complain too much....

Oh ya...got 1 thing to complain....comfort based tyre wise...wear rate is B A D !! Dun expect anything above 40,000km from these rubbers.

Thanks all for the advice... i have settled for eagle f1 gs d3. Read reviews and ok with it.
Thanks Opvaulet for the alignment tip... how much do u know ?

oneHeadlight said:
Thanks all for the advice... i have settled for eagle f1 gs d3. Read reviews and ok with it.

Yo bro, pls give field report thereafter. I am eyeing them when my tyres go botak. Thanks.

T6 said:
Yo bro, pls give field report thereafter. I am eyeing them when my tyres go botak. Thanks.

Sure man... as long as u trust my opinions haha...cos i m not the most technical person around.
so far so goood...but i think need to break in...then i will share more.

fyi though.. stamford offered falken st115 at 320 per piece, free nitrogen and free subsequent top up at stamford.

what i did was always check alignment immediately when tires are new. Saves big bucks later on.

oneHeadlight said:

Get the German made one....

Ya...those Eagle F1 got made in Thailand one...remember to check and insist that its from Germany.

ok man...thanks guys..
phew...just checked...made in Germany.

i like these tyres... not that i know alot but i like them. I didnt feel difference in grip during the rain last nite.
But its still breaking in... but i understand alot of people on PS2 (not playstation 2 btw), altho its above my budget.
Its good value for money as at this early moment.. not sure about thread wear tho.

oneHeadlight said:
fyi though.. stamford offered falken st115 at 320 per piece, free nitrogen and free subsequent top up at stamford.
South Pac is selling Falken Azenis ST 115 for $250 per piece specs 235/40R18.

Have use both Conti Sports Contact II and Falken Azenis ST 115. The first carries a brand premium, but delivery sucks, especially wet grip. Falken Azenis is value-for-money, IMO, and has better dry grip than CSCII.

Try Eagle F1. Good reviews so far. 235/40R18 should be selling $300 each.

Cheers

kenntona said:
South Pac is selling Falken Azenis ST 115 for $250 per piece specs 235/40R18.

Have use both Conti Sports Contact II and Falken Azenis ST 115. The first carries a brand premium, but delivery sucks, especially wet grip. Falken Azenis is value-for-money, IMO, and has better dry grip than CSCII.

Try Eagle F1. Good reviews so far. 235/40R18 should be selling $300 each.

Cheers

Thanks... trust stamford to charge more as always...somemore already "discounted" 20%... wat a load of *#%&#.

I m already on Eagle F1 and i like it !

Love my Eagle F1s too.. but too early to give much comments, been about 1000km only.

Price that i bought them for:
1. 235/35/19 S$370
2. 265/30/19 S$440

Just to give a rough estimate to those who are curious or intending to change.

oneHeadlight said:
Thanks... trust stamford to charge more as always...somemore already "discounted" 20%... wat a load of *#%&#.

I m already on Eagle F1 and i like it !

Is yours the regular Eagle F1 or the GS-D3 type?
Alot of people are getting the first one as far as I know while in magazines, it's the latter one that GoodYear advertises.

TripleM said:
Is yours the regular Eagle F1 or the GS-D3 type?
Alot of people are getting the first one as far as I know while in magazines, it's the latter one that GoodYear advertises.

Eagle F1 GS-D3 made in Germany...

Some interesting reads...

After driving the Audis and Corvettes that Goodyear made available for demonstrations and comparisons with the Michelin
Pilot Sport and Bridgestone Potenza S-03, tire retailers and wholesalers agreed the new F1 seemed to shine in the wet
and is admirably quiet for an ultra performance product.

``I was very impressed with it. I like the balance of the tire,'' said Chuck Scott, who heads marketing for Big State Tire Supply, a wholesale distributor based in Lubbock, Texas. ``You didn't have to work with it to get pretty good times. It was comfortable, both wet and dry. I'm somewhat of a cynic but I like the tire a hell of a lot.''

Larry Deatherage, president of Dee's Tire Stores Inc. in Yukon, Okla., said he ``didn't have to use the brakes in the wet course with the Eagle F1s.'' The second-generation tire man is convinced the tire will sell. ``The pricing is right,'' Mr. Deatherage said. ``It's a very good value for that type of car. It fits everything from Nissans to Mercedes to the Pontiac Grand Am. It's a good broad line of tires. I'm very impressed. I'm sure it'll be OE next year, or, if not, in the real near future.''
---
Distributor Tire Rack listed the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 radial atop its Max Performance tire survey, with customers rating the tire on its traction, cornering stability, steering response, ride comfort and willingness to buy again.

Eagle F1 scored a 9.4 out of 10 points in the repurchase category. No other tire scored more than 8.6.
Tire Rack officials also rated Goodyear's tire highly in a separate competition against Bridgestone and Michelin tires. Although competitive on dry pavement, neither tire could match the lap times of the Eagle F1 GS D3 on a wet track, Tire Rack experts said.

Do watch out for something...my friend who was helping out at the JC Evo launch had his Eagle pochek by a satay stick that went in from the treads and out of the sidewall....cow peh cow bu....cos his rubbers were less than a week old only. Had to replace them...seems like the rubber a bit on the soft side...a satay stick can go thru !!

Azrielsc said:
Love my Eagle F1s too.. but too early to give much comments, been about 1000km only.

Price that i bought them for:
1. 235/35/19 S$370
2. 265/30/19 S$440

Just to give a rough estimate to those who are curious or intending to change.

hi Sam...question :

tyre pressure... follow which one ? tyre manufacturer or car manufacturer's ?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back