Tyres advice

Re: Tyres advice

i'm getting tires for 245/40r18. any recommendations? any ideas how much would yokohama avs db cost?

Yoko AVS dBs are overpriced IMHO...dunno what they are asking for 18's...but the 15' that I asked for last time just made my choice of tyres easier...it cost more that what Bridgestones ask for their SO3 !! Just just switch back to SO3.

Are you looking for comfort ? If so, plenty of choices out there. The P Dragon is quite a good tyre....not pricey.

How's your Goodyear Eagle F1? I'm contemplating between Goodyear F1 or Dunlop Sport Maxx.... May go for 19" for my E90, any advices?

Azrielsc said:
The SO3 have more rigid sidewalls so they are less subjectable to flexing. But if u are running an aggressive offset im setup, chances of rubbing is a lot higher!

Found the same with my Eagle F1s too...

Sam!!

How's your F1 doing? Any reviews on them? Dry/wet grip?

Thanks

'The Great White'

I have the F1s on my rims for 3 mths, and to me, it is value for money tyres. Good grip on dry and wet roads/tamacs, but does spin on wet metal grills if moving off when stationary. As for noise, too early to tell; but so far so good and acceptable. Turning corners is acceptable as well on my stock suspension.

cab_driver said:
I have the F1s on my rims for 3 mths, and to me, it is value for money tyres. Good grip on dry and wet roads/tamacs, but does spin on wet metal grills if moving off when stationary. As for noise, too early to tell; but so far so good and acceptable. Turning corners is acceptable as well on my stock suspension.

I 2nd that, have done 8k km with 225/45/17 german F1 on my T5. Had previously used 2 sets of S03s in the same profile on the same car. Also ran S03s on my 320i, and a set of Yoko AVS on the 320i.

In terms of grip both wet/dry, no discernible difference from S03s. Perhaps in the dry, the S03s may have a slight edge on lateral grip, but F1 actually holds well, just protest with tire squeal.

Cost definitely point towards F1. Got it at $185 per tube vs $280 for the S03s. Saving of close to $400 per set.

Noise - S03s win pants down, but the F1 are not as loud as AVS (when 50% worn)

Wear rate - wears faster than S03s on hard driving, don't think I will get anything more than 30k km on my current set. However the tires do have to deal with the heavy volvo, and well over 250 bhp. Gentler driving will probably see much more mileage. S03s got me 40000 km, and I have done 20000 km on my 320i, and there is not much sign of wear on the S03s

So at the end of the day, I think F1 is a cheap good set of performance tires

proscar said:
Cost definitely point towards F1. Got it at $185 per tube vs $280 for the S03s. Saving of close to $400 per set.

Can share where u get ur F1 for $185???

Thank u. :)

ykh1 said:
Can share where u get ur F1 for $185???

Thank u. :)

heehee man, regular poster for wheels etc on various forum.

Poh heng tires, Justin is the man to talk to, they are at ang mo kio.

Don't go on Saturday, damned crowded.

Note: they don't have nitrogen, credit card must charge etc, and no nets.
Also had some issue with balancing, but they are responsibile enough to try sorting it out. However, his balancing equipment is not the newest.
Do a search on the forum, you will find his contact.

Wow! $185 is dam cheap man!! With or w/o GST??

Thanks for sharing man!

Cheers

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
Wow! $185 is dam cheap man!! With or w/o GST??

Thanks for sharing man!

Cheers

'The Great White'

All inclusive, nett nett price, not sure if must take 4 pieces at one go (that's what I did). Tires were fresh enough, YOM 2005.

proscar said:
All inclusive, nett nett price, not sure if must take 4 pieces at one go (that's what I did). Tires were fresh enough, YOM 2005.

It is cheap....I call up Hurry tyre for size 225/50/16......the qoute me $190 per tube. I told them getting 4 pcs....but no discount.......

So I guess for my 16" if get from Justin...should below $185....will check up with him...

It's good to have competitive pricing! We'll all benefit from it!! hehehe

Ray-S also selling same price for '05 made German F1 GS-D3 225/45/17 at $185 nett.

Got plenty in stock!

Let me know if anyone wants to get them...

Cheers

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
It's good to have competitive pricing! We'll all benefit from it!! hehehe

Ray-S also selling same price for '05 made German F1 GS-D3 225/45/17 at $185 nett.

Got plenty in stock!

Let me know if anyone wants to get them...

Cheers

'The Great White'
I'm interested in 225/50/16, 4 pcs.........can hlp to check how much?????
Thank u :)

ykh1 said:

F1 don't make them in that size, that's the reason why I ended up with S03s on my BM.

ok, than I am probably wrong. Was searching for them some time back, tire shop said no such size, didn't believe them, check goodyear also don't have. Either that or they have increase their size range, that's good news as the 320i comes stock with that size.

ykh1 said:

PM U liao! hehehe

'The Great White'

danielO said:
you do tires now ah?

Why? U not happy ah?

:whattheh:

'The Great White'

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back