Tyres rubbing on E60 pre FL

Re: Tyres rubbing on E60 pre FL

Hi Renyu,

Your wheel offsets are fine, just a little more aggressive on the rear putting into account the 10" width.
However, coupled with the tyre sizes you are using now, the side wall height is approx. 12.5mm taller than what the correct tyre setup on the E60 (exclude M5) is supposed to be. That's why you are experiencing rubbing at the rear fender with load and the scrubbing of the wheel well lining in front.

The ideal conversion size should be 245/30-20 and 285/25-20. Hope this can somewhat help to solve your prob.

Renyu;261193 said:
Yea, very sure.

http://www.vertiniwheels.com/images/wheels/fashion/fashion.htm??/

eBay Motors: New 20" Vertini BMW 5 6 Series M5 M6 Wheels Rims Tires (item 220163076553 end time Oct-28-07 20:40:58 PDT)

Both the websites states that. Maybe its the tyres i use are too big? Or becoz i'm using stock bodykit?

Anyway, Terry is there any place where they can touch up rims with curb rash? I went down to Rays today, they used a grinder on my rims which i find it weird. And it caused some cracks. So pissed..

the last time i know someone curbed his chrome lip...my friend went to leong seng and leong seng helps to send it for repair.... but nothing much you can do if its too deep..next time better be careful bro...

Wa so fierce ah.. 25 on the rear.. Might try that nxt time.. too chor to trade in tyres now..

Not i curb de... My dad bua one.. not one but 2 rims on 2 different days in less than a week..

Renyu;261593 said:
Wa so fierce ah.. 25 on the rear.. Might try that nxt time.. too chor to trade in tyres now..

Not i curb de... My dad bua one.. not one but 2 rims on 2 different days in less than a week..

come to next meetup...i can make u forget about ur curb rash...

hi
i'm experiencing the same problem.
got my rims and tires from Raymond too. 18'breyton Gts-r. fornt 225/40 rear 255/35.
now when i drives over big uneven road, my right rear rubber rub.
pls advice.
maybe to get it ROLL?

niuzai;430180 said:
hi
got my rims and tires from Raymond too. 18'breyton Gts-r. fornt 225/40 rear 255/35.
pls advice.
maybe to get it ROLL?

What are the offsets? Have you got these on your E81?

niuzai;430180 said:
hi
pls advice.
maybe to get it ROLL?
your tyre sizes is recommended by BMW for the 3 series(E90)
could it be the problem of the rim off set?
just double check them.
even on 19" tyres size front 235/3519 rear 265/3019 no rubbing with proper off set
(actually BMW recom front 225/35-19 rear 255/30-19)you can always see the size on the sticker on the side pillar.

yah
got it on my e81 lor
tmr go to check....roll that fender

roberttan;430247 said:
your tyre sizes is recommended by BMW for the 3 series(E90)
could it be the problem of the rim off set?
just double check them.
even on 19" tyres size front 235/3519 rear 265/3019 no rubbing with proper off set
(actually BMW recom front 225/35-19 rear 255/30-19)you can always see the size on the sticker on the side pillar.

yah lor
but i forgot the offset le
raymod told me it norm......

hey guys..this is kinda interesting coz its happening to me as well..well when i changed my rims..my FR tyres seem to rub over bumps..well firstly is there anything major dat i hav to worry about like damage to my rubbers?and is it gonna be resolved by rolling the fenders and where do i go to roll?

taufiqh;430668 said:
hey guys..this is kinda interesting coz its happening to me as well..well when i changed my rims..my FR tyres seem to rub over bumps..well firstly is there anything major dat i hav to worry about like damage to my rubbers?and is it gonna be resolved by rolling the fenders and where do i go to roll?
are you runing on same tyre and rim like member niuzai?
if yes should get the seller double check the off set correct?

it cant be so call norm:whythis:
as mentioned earlier even 19 also no such problem

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuwinso1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups