Tyres shop to recommend for stock 17" RFT

rt333

Hi all

I need to replace 4 of my stock tyres 225/55/17 RFT on F10 520. Any idea which tyre shop (other then top93) provide the best prices for stock tyres? Which brand to recommend and price per RFT if its new set?

Btw do the tyre shop sell trade-in tyres tat owners trade in after collecting their new car? If yes any idea how much it cost per tyre?

Thanks..

Re: Tyres shop to recommend for stock 17" RFT

300+ per rft new.

New car trade in is about 200 +/-.

Do note that not all are able to remove your rft properly.

Pit stop tyre at caltex along steven roads caused deep "kerb rash like" scratches along 1/3 the circumference off all 4 of my rims when removing the rft.

Thanks. Any brand to recommend? 1st time changing for my car...

can try city tyres or Kah tyres and Batteries service at Lavender road....variety of choice and reasonable price...need to bargain, all the best...

Thanks for all recommendation.

Got mine settle at Top93. New 20" rims and non-rft tyres.

Awaiting stock to arrive.

Been buying from Hurry for more than 20 years, good after sales service.

Been there too but dun see any I like. And choices are limited. Their trade in rims + new tyres are also abit on the high side.

I usually have my changed at Leong Seng, Paya Ubi wor.
Don't know if they are site sponsors, so won't say anything more...

lf37;1051198 said:
Been buying from Hurry for more than 20 years, good after sales service.

Never go to Hurry!!!

I had previous good experience and had recommended my friends there until my recent tyre change....

3 of my 4 M-rims were scuffed, one with pretty deep damage while the Tiong workers removed the worn tyres and fitted new ones! He just shaft in the crowbar and pry the tyres off the rim without any protection whatsoever! I confronted him only to be snapped back that the curb rashes were there originally - I pointed out to the fresh damage and they reluctantly took the wheel to the rear of the shop and did a quick putty and started to spray the rims (with a spray can of cheap silver paint) after covering the rubber and part of the rim with a cardboard shield - that rendered the rim spotted with the spray paint.

The boss just brushed it off that everybody does make mistake and that this is a one off incident which I refused to accept.

I will definitely not patronise this scum's shop again.

Last edited by a moderator:

You talked to Mr Tan that day ?

Olivin530i;1051566 said:
Never go to Hurry!!!

I had previous good experience and had recommended my friends there until my recent tyre change....

3 of my 4 M-rims were scuffed, one with pretty deep damage while the Tiong workers removed the worn tyres and fitted new ones! He just shaft in the crowbar and pry the tyres off the rim without any protection whatsoever! I confronted him only to be snapped back that the curb rashes were there originally - I pointed out to the fresh damage and they reluctantly took the wheel to the rear of the shop and did a quick putty and started to spray the rims (with a spray can of cheap silver paint) after covering the rubber and part of the rim with a cardboard shield - that rendered the rim spotted with the spray paint.

The boss just brushed it off that everybody does make mistake and that this is a one off incident which I refused to accept.

I will definitely not patronise this scum's shop again.

Hi Olivin530i,

This is Tristan from Hurry Tyre. I am currently overseeing another outlet, thus is out of picture of the happening. I extend my apology for the unpleasant experience you had that day.

As the process of changing tyre has always been the same, very rarely will it damage the rims (but there might be cases due to equipment failure or accidental) and in your case 3 rims, its even more puzzling. Therefore I wish to find out what happen there & then.

Meantime, can you kindly furnish me with the details of what and how many tyres you changed to for me to extract the transaction?

You can reach me at my email [email protected] also.

Tristan

3kgto;1060764 said:
Hi Olivin530i,

This is Tristan from Hurry Tyre. I am currently overseeing another outlet, thus is out of picture of the happening. I extend my apology for the unpleasant experience you had that day.

As the process of changing tyre has always been the same, very rarely will it damage the rims (but there might be cases due to equipment failure or accidental) and in your case 3 rims, its even more puzzling. Therefore I wish to find out what happen there & then.

Meantime, can you kindly furnish me with the details of what and how many tyres you changed to for me to extract the transaction?

You can reach me at my email [email protected] also.

Tristan

Tristan - I also kena rim scratches - not just 1 rim.. 3 rims. I am actually damn f---ing pissed, because the rims are not cheap, I take extra precaution to drive and park and had no incidences... I EVEN SCOLD MY WIFE to make sure she is aware when she drives the car ... 1 full year... NO problem...

But it took your workers exactly less than 1 hour literally F..Up my rims now. I told your workers and they gave me a "Chi Teh Been look", as in " Ya So???". and like the other Bro, they buffed off and spray.. you really honestly think that is good enough even for you?

I ain't coming back to Hurry and wont recommend to anyone.. Painting over a scuffed and scratch rim is never the same.

I never understand why owners dont even invest a simple 5 minute EVERY DAY reminder to tell workers to take personal care in this sort of thing.

Yes I know its mistake..But this kind of mistake SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN if they were properly briefed, and reminded to take care of customers' rims... Yes, you will oversee , but really honestly, you cannot be over their shoulders every tyre change?

Its too bad, I am very very sorry, you already lost my business, my wife's car business, my brother's business, my nephew's business, and my office and my army NS buddies business. Because I showed them the visible scratches and they wont be coming to Hurry anytime soon.

Hey mate,

i got a set of original 17" stock rims with bridgestone RFTs with more than 85% thread life to go. this came with my new second hand car and the dealer managed to help me swap out a newer set for me. I am gonna change my rims and tyres soon so you could take the whole set from me if you like. PM me if you're keen!

rt333;1050356 said:
Hi all

I need to replace 4 of my stock tyres 225/55/17 RFT on F10 520. Any idea which tyre shop (other then top93) provide the best prices for stock tyres? Which brand to recommend and price per RFT if its new set?

Btw do the tyre shop sell trade-in tyres tat owners trade in after collecting their new car? If yes any idea how much it cost per tyre?

Thanks..

Last yr, after checking around, Arrow Tyres has the best price, plus free rotation , Puncture repair. Best price is to know someone working in the tyre companies...I heard something like 50% rebates :drool:

The previous time I tried removing the runflats on my stock 17" rims at one of a famous tyre shop.

The shop scratched all four of my rims. It is basically like a long kerb rash along the circumference of the rims. I don't know how it was done because I got someone to send the set there for me.

Any local shop can safely remove rft without damaging the rims?

Slow_poke_driver;1116599 said:
The previous time I tried removing the runflats on my stock 17" rims at one of a famous tyre shop.

The shop scratched all four of my rims. It is basically like a long kerb rash along the circumference of the rims. I don't know how it was done because I got someone to send the set there for me.

Any local shop can safely remove rft without damaging the rims?
so far no any negative feed back from PML
may be PML is 1 option
And do remember that is no 100%, but at least some shop did bother to have some extra precaution by placing some plastic pc to prevent the problem,still not 100%
BUT at least bother

Is there a difference between changing the tyres at PML and changing them in the local tyre shops?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaibk8codes

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back