Unable to reset Oil Change Interval (F10)

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
I recently did an oil change a while back based on my own preferred Oil Change Interval instead of following the car's onboard indicator for the next oil change due.

I tried to override and reset this indicator by depressing the odometer button like what some people did on youtube.
The reset is always unsuccessful. Other than bringing it to a workshop to override with a laptop, can I do it myself?

Car is Nov 2011 F10 528i.

I am new to this forum. I just bought my 2nd hand (registered in 2012) 520i two months ago. The on board indicator showed the next service is 9000km. After two month of driving and about 5000km, the indicator still show the next service is 9000km. How to reset it? I went to the workshop appointed by the 2nd car dealer which provide the 3 year warranty said it is normal for F10? Is there no way to reset it or to rectify the misleading indicator? In addtion, it the odour from the aircon during the first few seconds is considered as normal for BMW?

Actually who follows the iDrive indicator for servicing? Not sure how it senses but maybe it measures the viscosity of the oil(?) I usually schedule my servicing every 10K so don't bother with the indicator, just the odometer. BMW and Audi in malaysia recommends oil change every 20-25km but I never take the risk so change every 10k instead. Yep, youtube is the easiest to DIY the iDrive message.

odour from aircon is not normal. Should be a buildup of mold or something like that somewhere. Initial few seconds is because there is a build up of the odour over time and all expel out in the first few seconds, making it very noticeable. Subsequent air con operation is not obvious cause the concentration is already lowered. Get a workshop to check it up or source youtube for DIY cleaning. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ee88hair
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back