Undercarriage scraping over ramps

MRacer77

Legendary 10 Years
Ermm... how much did you lower your car and are you running any after market body kits? I have lowered my car slightly and have not encountered problems with scrapping. Just be more careful when going over ramps. I usually enter ramps at an angle and extremely slowly to prevent the car from scrapping.. Cheers!

Cut & Paste here...

Not to worry. Only the exhaust bracket joint (in the middle) will be scratched.

My previous rides are also super low and all are fine.

As long as you slow down on the humps, you are fine.

I slow down during humps but on some humps I also seem to get a scrape. Don't know if humps in Singapore are too high or what. My car has stock suspension

No after market body kit at all. Just ACS shocks. Lowered by how much... hmm actually I dunno... about two fingers front and back though.

Already going over ramps and humps at super super slow speed. But it seems to only happen when I have more than 100kg in my car. ie. a third person.

Where? Which carparks?
Some have ridiculously high humps or steep ramps.

My first scrape was at Great World City (one week ago). Serviced apartments exit. Steep ramp whilst exiting. Me, my wife and some groceries... scrape :verysad:

Second scrape yesterday exiting IKEA, Steep ramp and angle man. Had three people in car. Very bad scrape. :( :verysad:

Man... Looks like I cannot go anywhere at all.

oh but these are notorious carparks. it's normal to scrape a little. position your car's angle of attack such that you'll minimise the entry angle. there's nothing wrong with your car.

ACS suspension, if u r using the whole setup with the spring, lowers the car by 35mm so scrapping is inevitable in some of the carpark......

These are the blacklisted carparks you must be careful of.

01. Queensway Shopping centre
02. Tanglin mall
03. Anchorpoint (going in OK, coming out bad)
04. Junction 8* shopping centre. (coming out bad)
05. Guthrie House @ 6th Avenue (Not too bad. Must be dead slow going out.)
06. Bugis Junction carpark (Middle Rd exit)
07. Ikea carpark
08. Pasir Panjang Village
09. Valley Point (River Valley)
10. Parliament House (across Funan)
11. Sheraton Towers
12. Wheelock Place
13. Golden Mile Carpark (not humps but stupid ramp..if u r car is lowered, potential of scraping is high)
14. Apollo centre (havelock road entrance)
15. Tanglin shopping centre (raised floor platform joining to main road)
16. Shangari-la hotel (basement carpark, coming out, even stock suspension kenna also my under-carriage)
17. Valley Point (DO NOT Take the basement CP.)
18. Parliament House (Entrance ok but Exit Kena lah!)
19. Sheraton Towers (Going Down, lower front valance will scrape slightly)
20. Wheelock Place (Coming out, Dead slow with no load in car then OK.)
21. Tanglin Shell petrol station's exit (the one opposite Tudor Court)
22. Changi Business Park (public parking beside IBM)
23. Orchard Paragon (going in is fine but coming out will scrape if u are lowered)
24. Sim Lim Centre (have to go very slowly at the exit if not sure kenna)
25. Tiong Bahru Plaza (The road was ok untill they had to make this stupid concrete hump. Even on a STANDARD car i scrapped the underneath!!)
26.Park Mall. The stupid hump at the top. Must go sideways or else sure scrape the bottom.
27. East Point basement carpark. They use the small but tall pointed type of humps. If you take a cross section of it, it's even more pointy and acute than Pam Anderson's silicon mounts and silicon valleys.
28. Takashimaya B3 carpark. Careful on the way down as you can scrape your bumper at the bottom of the ramp.
29. Changi General Hospital carpark. Try not to take the exit that comes out to the side of A+E. Top of the ramp has a high ramp which you gotta go sideways
30. Changi General Hospital internal road connecting the main visitor lobby to the side service road. High hump. Just look at all the scratches on top of it man!
31. Quayside visitor's/hourly carpark (Not high ramp but very very small and cramp spaces. Danger of scraping pillars.)

Nexus,

U changed your suspension to ACS suspension or just the shocks or springs? They could lower your ride to a certain degree depending on your setup.

Going over the hump also requires certain amount of finesse! Angle of attack, speed of approach, blah blah blah, do play a part in whether u scrape or not!

Tanzy,

I must print out this list and stick it at the hidden side of my sun visor!! Before deciding on a place to makan, must consult this list!

Only place, die die must go is Golden Mile... my girl's favourite haunt... Can't park opposite cuz carpark too bloody small :furious:

Cheerio! 8)

32. Millenia Walk drop off point before the carpark entrance (opp Ritz-Carlton where BK and silkroad noodle house is).
Turning into the driveway is fine, but coming out is damn steep.
Little kids will use it as a slide and play when they wait for their dads to pick them up after their Berries language classes.
i jest, but dats an indication of how bad the slope is.

Yep Full ACS suspension... Will try and meet up with some of you guys at end of the month during meetup and get some tips to handle these ramps and humps.

meanwhile am going to PML for an undercarriage check on Thursday. Hopefully no real damage.

Thanks for the blacklisted carparks. :verysad: Need to be cautious in so many carparks!!!

Next time will let off passengers first then solo drive into all carparks. I think better that way... than to hear the scraping sound again.

nexus,
Full ACS susp. No wonder. Be very careful next time. Dead slow and at an angle.

Azrielsc
Can't you park at the nearby hotel and walk? I'm actually quite frightened of that place. :errr:

So guys, is it the undercarriage thats whacked of the front bumper that gets whacked??? Please enlighten cos I always thot it was the funt end that gets the brunt.... :thinking:

Thanks!

Racebred said:
oh but these are notorious carparks. it's normal to scrape a little. position your car's angle of attack such that you'll minimise the entry angle. there's nothing wrong with your car.

wah... angle of attack... cheem whats that please?

:thinking:

Doc,

AOA, angle of attack, is suppose to be "The acute angle between the chord of an airfoil and a line representing the undisturbed relative airflow." but in this case can be used to refer to the angle which your car body makes with the horizon. It's usually reserved for aircrafts.

In my car, it's the wheels spoilers (reverse mudflap thingie) that gets whacked first cause it's the lowest.

Tanzy said:
nexus,
Full ACS susp. No wonder. Be very careful next time. Dead slow and at an angle.

<<<< Reina says that there is only this little ground clearance for your car.

Azrielsc
Can't you park at the nearby hotel and walk? I'm actually quite frightened of that place. :errr:

Me lazy, that's all! Aiyah, scrape bottom, who see... :silenced:

Frighten of what? The hellish slope or the place in general?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetceovn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back