Underpowered 1 series?

Re: Underpowered 1 series?

///M 545i;1119606 said:
If the 116i is upgraded to a 118i software, it is possible to achieve 200-ish wo hardware mods. IIRC, Codew**X was one of the first few ws that was able to do so and the results were pretty much amazing when it was tested with a stock SLK250. It actually pulled slightly faster to 100.

And what happened to the 116 in the end ?
With enough funds, lots of things are possible.
2L blocks churning out more than 500hp are not unheard of .....

Jason8822;1119643 said:
And what happened to the 116 in the end ?
With enough funds, lots of things are possible.
2L blocks churning out more than 500hp are not unheard of .....

Owner ditched it for a 335i !

Gotta ask Toto ....
I not familiar

Calvin_wan;1119587 said:
My car came with upgraded 118i ecu software. Results are on wheels.

does this mean you bought a 116i but it was already tuned to 118i (167bhp) and you further tuned it to 220+ bhp?

no flash counters means agent wont find out it has been tuned?

both the 116i and the 118i are the same 1.6 engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's right. On 118 on paper should be 168hp however I'm only getting 127whp on Dyno. After tuned results is 191whp.

Let's say 20% transmission lost on 127whp, crank would be only 158hp instead of the 168hp on paper.

Calvin_wan;1120033 said:
Just Got my stage 2 results. 205whp!

That is impressive !! although this guy was apparently not pleased with the dyno process at Eurosports performance tuning - I am just concerned about the claimed bhp values

Aspiring racer: Shawn Ang: [Review] DYNO - Eurosports Performance Tuning

Is this a PI F20 116i ?

Will you not take it to PML for regular servicing ( just for warranty issues and resale value possibly ) or will you service at your own workshop ?

Any upgrades required for cooling purposes ?

Is Calvin Wan related to Eurosports ? Or any tuning shop ?

Jason8822;1120087 said:
Is Calvin Wan related to Eurosports ? Or any tuning shop ?

Possibly , from looking carefully at :D the dyno graphs . I have been googling a bit since I am interested in the ECU flash as opposed to a tuning box . And I know that the ECU for the F20 has been cracked since late last year. however J4C only offers their own re-branded tuning box and hence was looking for other options but I want a reliable / honest tuner - don't want someone to maul a perfectly good car !

Yes, I'm the tuner for Eurosports. Nothing to hide, that's why I used my name as nick. With respect to all the site sponsors, I'm here to share what can be done. Not hardcore selling.

Calvin_wan;1120097 said:
Yes, I'm the tuner for Eurosports. Nothing to hide, that's why I used my name as nick. With respect to all the site sponsors, I'm here to share what can be done. Not hardcore selling.

You do custom tune via flash yeah ?

As for the review from Shawn Ang, the Dyno reading was not correct because we were unable to tap the rpm reading properly. I recalled informing him and showed him the chart base on speed (km/h) instead of rpm. Have a look at the chart, how can the pull ends at 4,000rpm?

Calvin_wan;1120153 said:
As for the review from Shawn Ang, the Dyno reading was not correct because we were unable to tap the rpm reading properly. I recalled informing him and showed him the chart base on speed (km/h) instead of rpm. Have a look at the chart, how can the pull ends at 4,000rpm?

Thanks for the clarification.am really interested in that flash tune!

Hi,

Considering to get a 2nd hand 118i ( F20 ), 5dr, late 2012.

Wondering if anyone can share:

1. Driving experience so far
2. Major problems for this car
3. Fuel consumption
4. Typical normal servicing cost both AD and outside workshop
5. Where can you buy accessories, for both interior and exterior, besides AD

Also, just to check, when you open the oil cap of the engine after driving, when it is on idle mode, is it common to see some white smoke?

Checked with PML and they mentioned that this is normal as twin turbo engine tends to be hotter than the normal engine. So this little white smoke coming out is nothing alarming.

Tried insisting that there could be some leak or some fault somewhere. Immediately they showed me 6 series with the same twin turbo engine and it is the same.

Anybody has anything to share on this?

Thank you

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88clbcam

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups