Unpleasant Experience at First Auto - Zaino Detailing Centre

andy_sg

It's my first grooming for my Audi A4 and I would like to share with everyone my unhappy experience at First Auto Zaino Detailing Centre at Toh Guan Centre.

I made appointment and went for car grooming today in the afternoon. I was shocked to see that there were already 3 cars in the shop being worked on and I was told to drive my car to 2nd level.

Apparently, the entire grooming took place just beside the washing bay area. It makes me feel that there was a lack of emphasis and my ride was not given the deserved attention.

Most of the time, only 1 guy (Wong) was attending to my ride. While the other workers were busy grooming other 3 rides. At this juncture, I have arrived at a conclusion that quality of service is not there when there is a shortage of manpower.

I would like raise some issues and feedback for the boss SS Tay to reflect and address to my concerns.

1) There was no toilet paper in the toilet when I had a stomachache. When I enquired with one of the workers downstairs for toilet paper, he simply shook his head and carry on with his work. The workers are indeed hostile and does not seem to go the extra mile to solve customers' concerns. In the end, I have to used my own small packs of tissues, else I will really be in deep shit. :verysad:

2) The entire grooming took 5 hours and 30 minutes from 2pm to 7.30pm, as a result I was late for my family dinner appointment! Could this be prevented if there was sufficient workers attending to my ride? In the email/SMS enquiries, I was told that grooming takes only 3.5 hours without paint correction. For my case, there was no paint correction needed, yet it took additional 2 hour to complete the procedures. It's so obvious that a lack of manpower is the cause of this problem. :oooops: (Modified from IP Man: 陪家人吃饭重要,还是car grooming? Sigh...)

3) At approximately 7.20pm when the grooming is supposingly completed, I inspected the rides and still realise some small "dirts and stains" near the front bumper area. I told Wong about it and he wiped it off easily. Apparently, this shows that they overlook the bumper area and definitely not doing a thorough and proper job according to my inspection. In Chinese, we call it 偷工减料. I wonder did they even wax or polish my bumper?! I wouldn't know at all because I was in the lounge and can't have a visible line of sight to the washing bay area.

I was still checking other areas of the car but Wong told me he was in a hurry to leave and wanted to call it a day. It was very unprofessional and irresponsible for him to tell that to the customer. Did the boss (SS Tay) educate their workers that the customers are also their boss? :wtf:

Perhaps he was supposed to knock off at 7pm (operating hours) and not being paid overtime. But if I am the customer and I'm still at the shop already late for my appointment, how can he be more urgent than me? Even if he really had an emergency, he could have assigned his colleague to take over his duty.

There was some very minor stone chip and light scratches on the car, but it remains there even when the grooming has completed. Is this suppose to be the way? Since they told me no paintwork correction is required in the first place, I thought this should have been addressed altogether. Otherwise, this procedure only makes the car shine and nothing else.

Overall, I rate this company 6/10. It was really a disappointment.

I didn't sign up for their VIP membership, is that why I wasn't accorded a VIP treatment? If so, then what treatment was I given? Junk or sub-standard? :huhhuh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Unpleasant Experience at First Auto - Zaino Detailing Centre

thanks for sharing. :)

I will have to think twice before deciding to send my ride for grooming...

Can TS share how much was the cost of the session? I was thinking of doing some grooming for my two year + car but if $300+ does not guarantee top notch service, I will think twice about sending my car for any grooming.

ktnpl;665729 said:
Can TS share how much was the cost of the session? I was thinking of doing some grooming for my two year + car but if $300+ does not guarantee top notch service, I will think twice about sending my car for any grooming.

It was the usual Zaino ZFX Showcar Polish - Luxury $228 per session. I bought 2 sessions so it cost slightly cheaper.

I can't help but felt like it was a "mobile car grooming" session given that my car was actually groomed beside the washing bay area and the lack of attention and poor service standard. It's like you're having dinner at a restaurant but they make you sit at the backdoor, near the dish washing area. How would you feel?

Even mobile grooming got 2 guys working on the car, yet I paid this kinda money but only 1 guy did most of the work. Anyone in the right mind will know this is not a quality work.

It gives me the impression that they are taking MAXIMUM number of rides for car grooming to boost their daily revenues without sparing a thought for the customers' time and money. When the workers get too busy, it's natural for them to be unhappy and when they are unhappy, they cannot produce quality grooming. Who suffer in the end? It's the customers. Ultimately, is quality or quantity more important to them?

What is the service standard? Is it 2 workers per car? Or 1 worker per car for my case? If they were to inform their customers beforehand that only 1 worker will handle their ride, I'm very sure they will lose many potential customers including myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

andy_sg;665713 said:
It's my first grooming for my Audi A4 and I would like to share with everyone my unhappy experience at First Auto Zaino Detailing Centre at Toh Guan Centre.

I made appointment and went for car grooming today in the afternoon. I was shocked to see that there were already 3 cars in the shop being worked on and I was told to drive my car to 2nd level.

Apparently, the entire grooming took place just beside the washing bay area. It makes me feel that there was a lack of emphasis and my ride was not given the deserved attention.

Most of the time, only 1 guy (Wong) was attending to my ride. While the other workers were busy grooming other 3 rides. At this juncture, I have arrived at a conclusion that quality of service is not there when there is a shortage of manpower.

I would like raise some issues and feedback for the boss SS Tay to reflect and address to my concerns.

1) There was no toilet paper in the toilet when I had a stomachache. When I enquired with one of the workers downstairs for toilet paper, he simply shook his head and carry on with his work. The workers are indeed hostile and does not seem to go the extra mile to solve customers' concerns. In the end, I have to used my own small packs of tissues, else I will really be in deep shit. :verysad:

2) The entire grooming took 5 hours and 30 minutes from 2pm to 7.30pm, as a result I was late for my family dinner appointment! Could this be prevented if there was sufficient workers attending to my ride? In the email/SMS enquiries, I was told that grooming takes only 3.5 hours without paint correction. For my case, there was no paint correction needed, yet it took additional 2 hour to complete the procedures. It's so obvious that a lack of manpower is the cause of this problem. :oooops: (Modified from IP Man: 陪家人吃饭重要,还是car grooming? Sigh...)

3) At approximately 7.20pm when the grooming is supposingly completed, I inspected the rides and still realise some small "dirts and stains" near the front bumper area. I told Wong about it and he wiped it off easily. Apparently, this shows that they overlook the bumper area and definitely not doing a thorough and proper job according to my inspection. In Chinese, we call it 偷工减料. I wonder did they even wax or polish my bumper?! I wouldn't know at all because I was in the lounge and can't have a visible line of sight to the washing bay area.

I was still checking other areas of the car but Wong told me he was in a hurry to leave and wanted to call it a day. It was very unprofessional and irresponsible for him to tell that to the customer. Did the boss (SS Tay) educate their workers that the customers are also their boss? :wtf:

Perhaps he was supposed to knock off at 7pm (operating hours) and not being paid overtime. But if I am the customer and I'm still at the shop already late for my appointment, how can he be more urgent than me? Even if he really had an emergency, he could have assigned his colleague to take over his duty.

There was some very minor stone chip and light scratches on the car, but it remains there even when the grooming has completed. Is this suppose to be the way? Since they told me no paintwork correction is required in the first place, I thought this should have been addressed altogether. Otherwise, this procedure only makes the car shine and nothing else.

Overall, I rate this company 6/10. It was really a disappointment.

I didn't sign up for their VIP membership, is that why I wasn't accorded a VIP treatment? If so, then what treatment was I given? Junk or sub-standard? :huhhuh:

Hi Andy

First of all, i would like to apologies for your bad experience yesterday.

I received your sms just now at 11:28pm informing me that you have raised an issue and i apologies for coming in to this forum late.

Unfortunately i will not be in singapore until friday.

Now until then, can i get u another appointment slot for a follow up session to address to any of the imperfections u have on your A4?

SS TAY

I've been using Tay's service for a couple of years now for all my rides. Each time, i leave the showroom happy. I'm sure i am not the only one satisfied with the quality here.

I am certain that Tay's good service will address andy_sg's concern.

worker is always a worker.... u know their mentality... very difficult one...

thats why i only go to groomer in which the boss grooms himself... one man show is best... even if it takes more than a day

I think it's the same problem alot of grooming co, even workshops are facing.
Ever witness for myself shoddy work from the workers from my own fren's grooming co and even our site sponsors, after that see boss come in clear shitz...haizzz

iceman77;665745 said:
I've been using Tay's service for a couple of years now for all my rides. Each time, i leave the showroom happy. I'm sure i am not the only one satisfied with the quality here.

+1. I've been wtih them for the past 3 years, and sending my cars there on a very regular basis. Have no problems at all with Tay or his workers. And also very happy every time I collect my car at the end of the day. I must say that they really take very good care of my cars, every time.

I'm sure Tay will pick things up from here to rectify any faults if any.

I've also been with them 3 years for my 2 cars and their service is good. Once my car had scratches and their 3 attendants took time to polish off the paint free of charge, when there was no appointment for any service. There are times when we may be overly busy and not easy to organize work at a constant rate.

IMO, sstay and his team deserve a pad on their shoulder for their consistency and work done for most of the car enthusiasts that had patronised at Zaino detailing centre. Being a car enthu myself I certainly have no qualms over their workmanship. And anything pertaining to their service standards, I have no complains, jean(I assume their admin) have always been accomodating and pleasant, the fervor and passion she has as a staff is nothing less than satisfactory.

I have been sending my ride in for regular wash and grooming. Apart from the long wait due to the popularity of their service and product they are generally professional and competent. One of the impressive work they ever performed on my ride was the removal of the washing scratches inflicted by the drive thru Carwash. Thumps up guy!

As for their toilet cleanliness, I rather not comment afterall it's a workshop. I'm there for their excellent fine craftsmanship, not to visit their toilet. TS, my apologies for being candid. ;p

Gleamese;665930 said:
As for their toilet cleanliness, I rather not comment afterall it's a workshop. I'm there for their excellent fine craftsmanship, not to visit their toilet. TS, my apologies for being candid. ;p

agreed.

andy_sg;665713 said:

This post raises questions for me. You had packs of tissue but you asked for tissue. I don't know what happened but sometimes a response is affected by the manner we request for things.

You said you were told in email and smses it would take 3.5 hours. It appears you didn't inform them that you had a dinner and had to leave by 530 pm.

"Small dirt and stains" that were easily wiped off appears overly fussy. Once a car is driven out, there'll be plenty of dirt. Relax, it's a car.

sszone;665778 said:
Ever witness for myself shoddy work from the workers from my own fren's grooming co and even our site sponsors, after that see boss come in clear shitz...haizzz

We shouldn't judge too quickly without hearing 2 sides of the story ... haizzz

its not judging or siding.....its good that we can see sstay coming in to attend to the complaint raised.
even if its a difficult customer, its good to see that the boss is trying to solve the situation instead of some ppl who simply bochup or hides away.
my raising issues of shoddy work is not to put the blame on anyone or to point fingers but to point out it is a situation that alot of workshops, grooming shops face. the boss can be very attentive, service oriented but not all the 工人 are of that same mentality or calibre, especially when u have workers who are rushing home to JB types....

sszone;665778 said:

Your post above certainly states plenty different ("same problem", and using terms "shoddy" and "shitz") from your post just made.

bm323;666069 said:
Your post above certainly states plenty different ("same problem", and using terms "shoddy" and "shitz") from your post just made.

its your choice if u choose to read it that way.

My previous Mini Cooper S Mayfair Edt & current Porsche groomed by them & no issues. Good job, Good service. To me, they are the best so far i have encountered. My next car- BMW F10 523 will also be done by them soon.

iceman77;665745 said:

715;665784 said:
+1. I've been wtih them for the past 3 years, and sending my cars there on a very regular basis. Have no problems at all with Tay or his workers. And also very happy every time I collect my car at the end of the day. I must say that they really take very good care of my cars, every time.

I'm sure Tay will pick things up from here to rectify any faults if any.

bm323;665919 said:
I've also been with them 3 years for my 2 cars and their service is good. Once my car had scratches and their 3 attendants took time to polish off the paint free of charge, when there was no appointment for any service. There are times when we may be overly busy and not easy to organize work at a constant rate.

I am sorry to hear about TS's unpleasant experience with First Auto. As for me, like those bros as above, I always have 100% satisfaction whenever I drive my ride out of the First Auto. I have been there several times for regular quick detail and grooming. There was even once Jean redid the body work without accepting payment from me. Maybe TS went during one of their busiest period, pls give SS Tay and Jean and the team a second chance :thumbsup:

Well, sounds like "when the cat's away, the mice will play" syndrome.

pengful;666114 said:
Well, sounds like "when the cat's away, the mice will play" syndrome.

Not totally true.... All my visits there, i have never once seen the boss.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomclub1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back