upgrade 335i Stock brakes to Brembo GT Series 355mm/345mm

rudefann

Dear all,

I'm planning to upgrade my stock brakes for my 335i to 6 pots front / 4 pots rear Brembo GT. However, some feels that my stock 356mm/335mm is about the same size as the Brembo GT BBK, so i will not get much out of the new BBK upgrade. Yes, there will be an improvement since it is 6 / 4 pots, but will not be much difference. Is this true?

Any comments, anyone?

The issue i have is that i want to keep my stock rims, so 380mm front is out for me. I am not into serious tracking, maybe only occassional track event attendance if i ever make it.

Re: upgrade 335i Stock brakes to Brembo GT Series 355mm/345mm

rudefann;612920 said:
Dear all,

I'm planning to upgrade my stock brakes for my 335i to 6 pots front / 4 pots rear Brembo GT. However, some feels that my stock 356mm/335mm is about the same size as the Brembo GT BBK, so i will not get much out of the new BBK upgrade. Yes, there will be an improvement since it is 6 / 4 pots, but will not be much difference. Is this true?

Any comments, anyone?

The issue i have is that i want to keep my stock rims, so 380mm front is out for me. I am not into serious tracking, maybe only occassional track event attendance if i ever make it.

Hi rudefann,

stock 335i front rotol i think is 348mm....Brembo GT is 365 or 356 (typo error?)...
of course with 6pot front and 4pot rear you will definitely have better braking power as compared to your stock brakes. As on track stock brakes tend to become soft after 2nd lap ( speaking from experience ) so thats where BBK comes in good hand........

alternatively you may upgrade to better pads plus a good set of brake lines ( it helps on your stock brakes as well )

anyway safety come first so if budget allows, go for it...........

Happy BBKing
cheers

Sounds right. Change to better pads and brake hose first. Thanks. I think I got the size for brembo right. Size for stock, I'm not as sure.

rudefann;612934 said:
Sounds right. Change to better pads and brake hose first. Thanks. I think I got the size for brembo right. Size for stock, I'm not as sure.

Hi rudefann,

alright..........not sure if upgrade to better brake oil helps....( check with BOSS / J4C )

cheers

brembo looks better than stock...

My chao neighbour's porsche got yellow brembo, so I also bot myself a set of red brembo.

kuvesh;612941 said:
brembo looks better than stock...

So true. Makes the car look attractive with Brembos BBK.

E9x 335 stock front rotors are 348x30mm , rears are 336x22mm.

Brembo GT BBK is track proven!

Stock brakes can't come close.....

Contact me if you want Brembo GT BBK yah!

Cheers

'The Great White'

hi all expert,

Will upgrading to BBK GT kit causes any ABS issues during braking, need any re-programmed ??

Wear and tear:
What I heard is that usually the wear at the rotor is very little as compared to the pad, true ?
How long will the rotor last, how many track sessions ?

sorry, I always ask a lot of qns BUT once firmed, will buy :)

I heard rotors got to be replaced every 2 or 3 yrs. Definitely lesser when u track often. Good luck for your bbk!

stevenwu;613052 said:
hi all expert,

Will upgrading to BBK GT kit causes any ABS issues during braking, need any re-programmed ??

Wear and tear:
What I heard is that usually the wear at the rotor is very little as compared to the pad, true ?
How long will the rotor last, how many track sessions ?

sorry, I always ask a lot of qns BUT once firmed, will buy :)

No issues at all, no reprogramming needed, plug & play!

Track the E92 335 4 times at Sepang with DS3000 Race pads.....amazing stopping!

Shiok to the max!

Get Slotted, Cross-drilled will start to have fine cracks after 2 track days....

Wear & tear all depends on how you use your brakes lah....

My 380x32mm slotted rotors lasted me 50k km with 5 track days.....smaller 355x32mm rotors will get lesser mileage as compared to the bigger rotors....

'The Great White'

Check prices with our resident parts supplier Barry "rex7_vtec" - honest prices.

Start a Group buy

This is another level. Haha. Grp buy for rotors when I haven't even confirm a brembo set. Hahaha. High level you guys. Haha. So if I want to keep stock rims I should just stick to stock brakes? Since 355mm is still considered small?

how come ppl buy brakes like choosing wife ?

Does anyone know ow good the brakes are on the 335 LCI msport?
I went to upgrade them at pml and they old me that the msport brakes are higher level, no need to upgrade..... So how good are they?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go88quest

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back