Upgrade NBT for 320i F30- you can DIY

sonnguyen

After read many web about NBT for F30, I ordered one set and install to my 320i F30

Remove trim line.

Remove AC climate control cover.

Head Unit orginal: small, sound out put connect direct to speaker, that’s why sound too bad :-(

Original cable

NBT Head unit: quite big (2x biger compare Head unit original)

Screen cable, orginal purple vs new in pink.
They look like same but difference (the connector have some edge like to make sure fit to exactly plug)

There’s only one white cable I could not connect ( I though it is USB cable)
The seller tell me cut all edge line and try to connect to beige connect color on NBT but USB still not work. Maybe I need coding to 6FL function.

New iDrive control

Finished…

Music

Sport monitor

Reverse

Weather…

I will coding to use more function ( Office, facebook, Google map...)
Still not use GPS in Vietnam, hope BMW will upgrade in the furture ( before I change new car LOL...)

Re: Upgrade NBT for 320i F30- you can DIY

Solid. U da man!

Nice and great mod....

Vietnam is left hand drive

Wah! Does it disturb the BMW computer? What happened to the USB & white cable man?

Nice DIY and sharing with others.

After upgraded, the quaility of sound improve a lot. That is value upgrade!

just by upgrading NBT the sound improves a lot?
do you have "amplifier" before & after the NBT upgrade
i assume there is no change of speakers too

I think because NBT use faster cpu and have good soud chip. But actually the sound better IMO.

Put back the Champ2 system but keep the white connector unplugged, then try your USB. If it not working, then it is the USB port cable.

Then you need to do coding and programming to this NBT, because the setup for this NBT is not for your car. Although you seems successfully get it working, it really bring tens of hidden errors into your cars which can be removed by the ISTA system.

But lucky you are, Vietnam has no bmw navigation map, which is the most interesting part of NBT. So you no need worry about the antenna and map activation etc, but voice control might be lost, if you have not tried. and also the facebook might not appear if you don't buy the fsc code for the bmw apps.

We can help to remotely program and code your ride, if you need help, free of charge, just for encouraging the spirit of DIY as a site sponsor here.

@EleBest: thanks for your advise. I will contact you after weekend.

good :thumbsup:

We can help to remotely program and code your ride, if you need help, free of charge, just for encouraging the spirit of DIY as a site sponsor here.

Great DIY sharing from bro sonnguyen! *Thumb Upz

After coding, I can use some function:

Music via bluetooh stream

Connect with 2 device via bluetooth

Office with Voice note, then email or copy to USB

Still not connect to Internet

EleBest;1032077 said:
Put back the Champ2 system but keep the white connector unplugged, then try your USB. If it not working, then it is the USB port cable.

Then you need to do coding and programming to this NBT, because the setup for this NBT is not for your car. Although you seems successfully get it working, it really bring tens of hidden errors into your cars which can be removed by the ISTA system.

But lucky you are, Vietnam has no bmw navigation map, which is the most interesting part of NBT. So you no need worry about the antenna and map activation etc, but voice control might be lost, if you have not tried. and also the facebook might not appear if you don't buy the fsc code for the bmw apps.

Now I can use bluetooth, music via bluetooth stream, voice note, handfree, BMW online, DVD, music in HDD...except: USB in Armrest box, Navi, connect wifi, ConnectedDirve, BMW app and can not see music list on cluster screen ( but I can scroll, push enter to next song)
Would you please help me to solve that problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88diy
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back