V8 Forever

clar

Just sent my M3 for the 3 year inspection. This is the first time I have owned a car past the 3 year mark and this car is certainly a keeper. Nothing quite like a high revving V8. Makes me sad that cars like these are a dying breed. I love this car!!!

Re: V8 Forever

If I might add, the NA gives that magical exhaust note as well. Only RS5 and C63 variants left, for brand new cars (not counting the expensive supercars).

I fully agree. I think I will drive this car till the COE expires. 1) because the cost of a new car is crazy nowadays 2) there isn't another car that beats the S65 unless we include the supercars (which is a whole different discussion altogether)

Same sentiments. M3 is currently my longest love affair. Reliability tops the prev BMWs I've owned too

Chagrin;1050296 said:
I fully agree. I think I will drive this car till the COE expires. 1) because the cost of a new car is crazy nowadays 2) there isn't another car that beats the S65 unless we include the supercars (which is a whole different discussion altogether)

can't believe there are pple who think similarly lol.. likewise, i dunno whats the next alternative.. also thinking of keeping it for long..

reardriven;1050346 said:
Same sentiments. M3 is currently my longest love affair. Reliability tops the prev BMWs I've owned too

Same with me as well. This M3 is the most reliable BMW i have ever owned. 3 years and not a single issue or rattle :)

I know the feeling, and in a way regret selling my last V8 NA car. The engine note was shweet and the roar simply intoxicating.

The engine note is ireplaceable. You will know one is coming your way regardless of type of exhaust when you hear the engine.

E9x m3 says to its succeeding bros "easier for me to be you than for you to be me."

Its the most practical super car with 8 itb. Only connoiseurs will appreciate. Guess thats one chapter into history. Like the bmw m1 and the nsx type r and toyota supra and lfa.

Last edited by a moderator:

ok... same here!
I am on the end of fifth year ownership... 85K on the odo.. still loving it but have to move on..
been battling what's next.. let's see if the new M4 is as inspiring..

Chagrin;1050296 said:

Few na super cars will behind a signature roar. The only other car with a really haunting and ecstatic roar is the lfa. It has a f1-esque note with a yamaha accent to it and you know it without having to see it. What a shame that these na are heading the dino way.

Once my neighbour remarked that the e9x m3 has a cool exhaust to it. His other comment about the car is not the engine sound.... And ironically, it was the amount of road tax vs his e92 325...

I agree too and its an irony.... Driving this car is more "economic" than changing it.

zzt231;1051299 said:
E9x m3 says to its succeeding bros "easier for me to be you than for you to be me."

Its the most practical super car with 8 itb. Only connoiseurs will appreciate. Guess thats one chapter into history. Like the bmw m1 and the nsx type r and toyota supra and lfa.

zzt231;1051329 said:
Few na super cars will behind a signature roar. The only other car with a really haunting and ecstatic roar is the lfa. It has a f1-esque note with a yamaha accent to it and you know it without having to see it. What a shame that these na are heading the dino way.

Once my neighbour remarked that the e9x m3 has a cool exhaust to it. His other comment about the car is not the engine sound.... And ironically, it was the amount of road tax vs his e92 325...

I agree too and its an irony.... Driving this car is more "economic" than changing it.

r u serious? this is not a supercar...n u cant compare with the m1 or nsx n supra or LFA...

much prefer the e46 M3s for look as well as weight and feel. much easier to achieve weight transfers. the E92 is a good car but not a great. but way too heavy and too low on torque.

totoseow;1051394 said:
r u serious? this is not a supercar...n u cant compare with the m1 or nsx n supra or LFA...

much prefer the e46 M3s for look as well as weight and feel. much easier to achieve weight transfers. the E92 is a good car but not a great. but way too heavy and too low on torque.

Though I must say you are right about the heavy aspect. That's one thing quite "unfortunate".

I personally, loved the S54 in the E46 M3. It's probably my favourite 6 cyclinder engine in the world. It was both high revving and torquey at the same time. It's undersquared, yet revs to 8k rpm. It had a nice muscular induction note, but unfortunately, the exhaust note was shit along with the SMG. The strange metallic exhaust note in the E46 M3 had limited appeal even to its owners contrast that with the E92 M3, whose exhaust note is universally loved by most.

I honestly won't compare my M3 with those icons as they belonged in different price brackets. Weight and torque is relative. Compared to the flat 6 in the 991, the S65 is actually pretty torquey. Today, Jaguar is raving about their light weight aluminium F-Type R coupe and that damn thing weighs 1655 kg for a 2 seater??? Am I missing something or are they drinking their own kool-aid...

Aiyah..M3 is a balanced ride..sporty car...daily driven car...but we gotta admit BMW is losing their mojo...anything shit Oso M..m235i or whatever...car 1 to 7 all similar design..vary in sizes and engine size...maybe to be fair, Audi porsche also guilty of that...

These days, BMW is more interested in having more models and higher volume than being ahead of the curve in driving dynamics :(

It seems all boils down to cost efficiency. These days a single engine design can be installed in many different models. No disrespect to audi but a 2.0 TFSI engine can be found in A4, A5, A6, etc

chiongster;1052834 said:
It seems all boils down to cost efficiency. These days a single engine design can be installed in many different models. No disrespect to audi but a 2.0 TFSI engine can be found in A4, A5, A6, etc

bmw N20 2.0 engine also found in almost all models too.
it is all about making money. no right or wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetgenin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back