Valve Seals & Valve Cover Gasket change – white smoke problem solved – BMW E90

Hi, my car experiencing white smoke, appreciate any bro can pm me the workshop, stock list and damage incurred. Tks
Many root cause for white smoke, not only valve seals. However I believe there is no accurate way to find out the actual reason, unless the spare part is physically changed. (meaning, labour and spare parts already charged)

If you have no history of changing valve seals for the ride, then i would suggest this is the first option, because it is the cheapest. I personally tried one of the site sponsor and it solved my problem. but then again, i had changed the engine gasket just before then so it could have been 2 causes of leak for my case.

Will PM you the name and contact of the site sponsor, but you will definitely need to go down and let them check your car for at least 1/2 a day before deciding to proceed because professionals do not diagnose car problems over the phone!

Hi anyone can share with me JB workshop address / contact, parts new to get for E90 Valve Cover Gasket replacement.
Also the labour charge.

Thanks

Hi anyone can share with me SG/JB workshop address / contact, parts & labour charge for valve stem seal replacement? Thanks thanks

Hi anyone can share with me SG/JB workshop address / contact, parts & labour charge for valve stem seal replacement? Thanks thanks
I personally tried Revol Ang Mo Kio to change the valve seals. They are one of the site sponsor, so you can look up for the address and contact info via the pages here.
As for charges, it would be better if you can call and negotiate with them directly.
Procedure will be something like this: made appointment, drop my ride there, took cab to work, they called me an hour or 2 later, told me valve seal + some hoses leaking and how much it would cost, I found it reasonable and told them to proceed only the valve seal portion, collected end of day.
It would be no harm to call the other site sponsors as well.

Last edited:
I personally tried Revol Ang Mo Kio to change the valve seals. They are one of the site sponsor, so you can look up for the address and contact info via the pages here.
As for charges, it would be better if you can call and negotiate with them directly.
Procedure will be something like this: made appointment, drop my ride there, took cab to work, they called me an hour or 2 later, told me valve seal + some hoses leaking and how much it would cost, I found it reasonable and told them to proceed only the valve seal portion, collected end of day.
Thanks! Will check with them

Bro, can PM me the price you paid for the valve seal replacement? Was considering Revol or Codewerx

w
Bro, can PM me the price you paid for the valve seal replacement? Was considering Revol or Codewerx
wahhhh, so many years ago, cannot remember....

I do keep an excel file of stuff I bought from stockist and then hand it over to WS to install, they just charge labour.

If you wish, I can PM send to you but do take note that they were 2016-17 and earlier prices, and the items are in partial code numbers so may not correlate to what you are looking at. Its for my 2008 E60 anyway.

ooo.... found it!

elring 1134 0 029 751 VALVE SEAL KIT 1SET S$30.00

Its for spare parts only... labour was quite tedious, cannot remember. because I lump together with oil change service and changing of Oxygen Sensor, the labour charge was an accumulated figure.. (but I brought my own oil, filter and O² sensor of course, I'm a stingy bastard... ha ha)

ooo.... found it!

Its for spare parts only... labour was quite tedious, cannot remember. because I lump together with oil change service and changing of Oxygen Sensor, the labour charge was an accumulated figure.. (but I brought my own oil, filter and O² sensor of course, I'm a stingy bastard... ha ha)

Eh thanks bro for the reply. Yeah agreed the replacement of valve seals super tedious.

ooo.... found it!

what ride you changed to?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikvip9fit

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back