Valvetronic Motor..unstable rpm during idle..

pandaxiong

The subject matter speak all..

I just change few days back...and now, when at stationary.. i notice the rpm move very slightly up and down..and sometime do not... however, the car still as smooth and realise after the change, the car feel more alive (power)..

Anyone experience and advise to give? Thanks in advance bros and sis..

Cheers. ;)

Re: Valvetronic Motor..unstable rpm during idle..

pandaxiong;802017 said:
The subject matter speak all..

I just change few days back...and now, when at stationary.. i notice the rpm move very slightly up and down..and sometime do not... however, the car still as smooth and realise after the change, the car feel more alive (power)..

Anyone experience and advise to give? Thanks in advance bros and sis..

Cheers. ;)
Hi Bro,

can you share why was the valvetronic motor changed, what was the initial problem? also what was the cost and where did u get this done?

Thanks.

Well... i changed my sparks and it stopped the rpm fluctuations/

Hi guys, I also experience rpm fluctuation. Changed spark plug and ignition coil but the problem still there. Any advise?

TCcruiser;815634 said:
Hi guys, I also experience rpm fluctuation. Changed spark plug and ignition coil but the problem still there. Any advise?
Hi Bro,

if sometimes its OKIE i suppose as i had this problem...visited a few workshops...all said normal liao....anyway after i did the reprogram or something like that at BVO....it was solved....but i went in due to jerk after coming to a complete stop (e.g. at traffic lights, where i can experienece a slight jerk forward.....) and Ah Wee did some software re-program......SGD 80 i think......but no gurantee.....

Just sharing......

thanks.

good to hear that.. you are right... my workshop did a check/reset and now it is good as it can be. Kudos to my workshop. :)

Hi bro, my car just stalled this morning when I was checking my air con in the workshop. Went to BVO again but no fault found. They clean up the throttle body and the air filter. Seems better. Will monitor again. Sigh...
By the way, the rpm fluctuation only occurs when the gear shift is in Neutral or Park position. No fluctuation when I put to Drive. Are you guys experiencing the same?

change valvetronic motor ... all in should be $1200+

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/3-series-owners/35717-valvetronic-motor-replacement-4.html

TCcruiser;816417 said:
Hi bro, my car just stalled this morning when I was checking my air con in the workshop. Went to BVO again but no fault found. They clean up the throttle body and the air filter. Seems better. Will monitor again. Sigh...
By the way, the rpm fluctuation only occurs when the gear shift is in Neutral or Park position. No fluctuation when I put to Drive. Are you guys experiencing the same?

Last edited by a moderator:

Monfreeze Archangel;815664 said:
Hi Bro,

if sometimes its OKIE i suppose as i had this problem...visited a few workshops...all said normal liao....anyway after i did the reprogram or something like that at BVO....it was solved....but i went in due to jerk after coming to a complete stop (e.g. at traffic lights, where i can experienece a slight jerk forward.....) and Ah Wee did some software re-program......SGD 80 i think......but no gurantee.....

Just sharing......

thanks.

My car started to have this same phenomena a few weeks ago, when I feel the car engine giving a light jerk after coming to a complete stop. The rpm meter did not fluctuate when this happened. I haven't really noticed if its more common if the engine is 'cold' but I do feel that this did not happen after the car has been driven for a while.

I have not gotten it sorted out yet though...........:oops:

Heard my friend's uncle's beemer (2010 model - 3 series) also experienced this fault recently. Any bro out there know the root cause? Seems like a common problem.

All I know is not to worry to0 much first... monitor until engine light is up. Vaultronic motor is a wear and tear component, not timeline peck to it, you luck it last long long..unlucky, very fast kapui...

as for the light jerks, go to your workshop and check the transmission settings/readings OBD or reset it and monitor.

At the end of the day, if it doesnt bother you much, just drive first until significant occurrances (jerk badly or keep stalling). becuase my personnal opinion is that we are driving a sensitive emotional car..lolz.. abit sneeze type.. :p

i sent in my car the other day for battery warranty claim. PML did diagnostics test and told me something wrong with valvetronic and they changed it under warranty. after getting the car back, there was no more jerks when car is slowing down. the jerks were getting quite bad and feels like a bad gear shift in manual cars.

Hi guys. My rpm fluctuation problem has been resolved since the last visit to the workshop.
Prayed very hard as well. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebai799com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back