Very bad FC!

OptimusWKY

Guys, I collected my car last week and just completed my first tank.
54litres for 350km only which is 6.5km per litre. 70% city 30% highway.
My ride is 320i M-Sport. I trade in my 18" to the tyre shop becos the rims that I've ordered is not available so have to wait for shipment to arrive. The shop T-loan me a set of 17" BMW rims.
Even if 17" rims the FC is so bad. I expect worst for my 18" rim?
Is that normal? :shakehea:

Re: Very bad FC!

that's because 70% city drive ... stop/go traffic and jam cause very bad FC and i guess you are not 'super' light footed too huh :lol:

Erm. Not really leh. I was told to run-in my car. So i try to go relax on my drive, less than 3.5K rpm and always around 80-90km/h speed.
My last previous ride which is a 1.8L Civic also not so bad FC lor. =(

wt_know;657951 said:
that's because 70% city drive ... stop/go traffic and jam cause very bad FC and i guess you are not 'super' light footed too huh :lol:

OptimusWKY;657947 said:
My ride is 320i M-Sport. I trade in my 18" to the tyre shop becos the rims that I've ordered is not available so have to wait for shipment to arrive. The shop T-loan me a set of 17" BMW rims.

thought is 60L tank for E90? mine i travel 50% city, 50% highway: can clock 500 (plus minus)

* my Z4 55L 50% city, 50% highway can clock 360km, if wack 310km.......
cheers

Yah. But control display is complaining that I left with 50km of distance to travel (estimated). So i go and pump petrol lor. Let me continue to monitor to see whether any improvement for my second tank.
I have to watch out my right foot also. :cool:

ac323;657954 said:
thought is 60L tank for E90? mine i travel 50% city, 50% highway: can clock 500 (plus minus)

cheers

ac323;657954 said:

cheers

Bro... i miss out the 310km.. Bloodly hell how u wack 310km/h in SG roads. Monster! :thumbsup:

OptimusWKY;657960 said:
Bro... i miss out the 310km.. Bloodly hell how u wack 310km/h in SG roads. Monster! :thumbsup:

Z4 FC is worst.........

Lolz.........
cheers

6.5km/litre is bad for a 320. For my ex 335 I could do 7.2km/litre with 70% city driving too. I suggest you run a couple of tanks and also check each time how many litres are pumped in and how much mileage achieved and then do a manual calculation of your FC. I reckon you ought to do 7.5km/litre or better.

There could be a faulty fuel gauge sensor and you could have more petrol left in tank etc.

OptimusWKY;657947 said:

My 525 on 19", 80% city driving gets around 8.3 km/l.

T6;657970 said:
6.5km/litre is bad for a 320. For my ex 335 I could do 7.2km/litre with 70% city driving too. I suggest you run a couple of tanks and also check each time how many litres are pumped in and how much mileage achieved and then do a manual calculation of your FC. I reckon you ought to do 7.5km/litre or better.

There could be a faulty fuel gauge sensor and you could have more petrol left in tank etc.

Thanks for the advise, I will monitor and take note of litres pumped as well milage achieved for the next few tanks. Hopefully, I did not get a lemon and it will turn better. Will update this thread.

etan1;657996 said:
My 525 on 19", 80% city driving gets around 8.3 km/l.

Wow. Just praying hard mine is not a lemon. :verysad:

OptimusWKY;657947 said:

Check the pressure of your tires. Under inflated tires do consume more petrol.

Give your car some time (run in period usually consume more petrol) since you just collected it.

What s the petrol grade you pumped? When I pump Shell 95 in my previous ride, I could feel loss of power expecially in pickup speed and going up steep slopes. In the end I had to step more gas and result in having to visit the petrol kiosk more often. Switched back to Shell 98 and consumption improved.

320i has a decent low-end torque. Usually you could accelerate to 80 km/hr without having to rev pass 3k rpm. Unless you climbing a slope then you need to rev harder.

I'm able to clock 560 km when fuel low warning light appear (still have 80 ++ km more). On bad days I'm able to clock 480 km. Usually I would drive into the kiosk once warning light comes on and pump 52 - 54 litre of fuel (Shell 98).

I'm on 19" wheels (235 front and 275 rear). 60% highway and 40% city.The highway I travel is same as city traffic because traffic along BKE and PIE is bad in the morning.

Anyway don't spend too much time trying to max out petrol tank mileage. Once your ride can get about 470 - 560 km range it should be ok. Spend more time to enjoy your ride. :)

That's rather bad FC, though I suspect it may improve a tad after you run-in and after your 1st oil change.

I'm getting 7.5km/litre on my 335i, with 70% city, 30% highway driving and I'm quite heavy footed at times.

My FC sucks as well. My old E90 gave me 9.x km/l. The same route I drive everyday now gives me 8.x km/l. I think give the car some time, it is still running in. I collected my car a few weeks ago.

BTW I have servotronic and brake energy regeneration. It's supposed to give BETTER FC.

I guess also the tranny sucks :p I think I said it 1001 times. The new GM tranny shifts funky. My old 320i ZF still rocks.

I do feel a lack of power, especially below 2k RPM. The engine would shudder and struggle to make torque to push the car even on a gentle slope. My old ride FYI did NOT perform like that.

I'm interested to see how sprint booster helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

detach8;658090 said:
My FC sucks as well. My old E90 gave me 9.x km/l. The same route I drive everyday now gives me 8.x km/l. I think give the car some time, it is still running in. I collected my car a few weeks ago.

BTW I have servotronic and brake energy regeneration. It's supposed to give BETTER FC.

I guess also the tranny sucks :p I think I said it 1001 times. The new GM tranny shifts funky. My old 320i ZF still rocks.

I do feel a lack of power, especially below 2k RPM. The engine would shudder and struggle to make torque to push the car even on a gentle slope. My old ride FYI did NOT perform like that.

I'm interested to see how sprint booster helps.

Bro,
give your car sometime. My e90 hit 9km/l initially when i took over the car from pml for the first few months. Now with city driving (1 year on), i hit 10km average and if i cruise from east to west of sgp via highway i hit 11.5-12m/l. So i believe given time, your car can also do the same! Cheers!

I am suspecting the tyres could be one of the factor cos is a loan set. I hope when I change to my new rims and tyres this weekend, I can remove tyres as a factor. Thanks for your suggestion and kind advice. Will definitely enjoy my ride and not be too disturbed by the FC.

Dinosaur hunter;658048 said:
Check the pressure of your tires. Under inflated tires do consume more petrol.

Give your car some time (run in period usually consume more petrol) since you just collected it.

What s the petrol grade you pumped? When I pump Shell 95 in my previous ride, I could feel loss of power expecially in pickup speed and going up steep slopes. In the end I had to step more gas and result in having to visit the petrol kiosk more often. Switched back to Shell 98 and consumption improved.

320i has a decent low-end torque. Usually you could accelerate to 80 km/hr without having to rev pass 3k rpm. Unless you climbing a slope then you need to rev harder.

I'm able to clock 560 km when fuel low warning light appear (still have 80 ++ km more). On bad days I'm able to clock 480 km. Usually I would drive into the kiosk once warning light comes on and pump 52 - 54 litre of fuel (Shell 98).

I'm on 19" wheels (235 front and 275 rear). 60% highway and 40% city.The highway I travel is same as city traffic because traffic along BKE and PIE is bad in the morning.

Anyway don't spend too much time trying to max out petrol tank mileage. Once your ride can get about 470 - 560 km range it should be ok. Spend more time to enjoy your ride. :)

I am more at ease with all the advises and experience shared by the guys here.

Thanks..

V6ENGINE;658305 said:
Bro,
give your car sometime. My e90 hit 9km/l initially when i took over the car from pml for the first few months. Now with city driving (1 year on), i hit 10km average and if i cruise from east to west of sgp via highway i hit 11.5-12m/l. So i believe given time, your car can also do the same! Cheers!

OptimusWKY;658409 said:
I am more at ease with all the advises and experience shared by the guys here.

Thanks..

I used to get average 10km/litre for my 320i, usually travel between 500 km to 530 km on a full tank, till the yellow light appears. Anything distance above 10 km, I considered it as a bonus. Well, it depends on your right foot too ....

More importantly, enjoy your ride ,,,,,

OptimusWKY;658405 said:
I am suspecting the tyres could be one of the factor cos is a loan set. I hope when I change to my new rims and tyres this weekend, I can remove tyres as a factor. Thanks for your suggestion and kind advice. Will definitely enjoy my ride and not be too disturbed by the FC.

Tyres/rims do play a part but in the whole scheme of things... only a small part :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
for88mincom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back