very jerky when cold engine

Edy Seng

I have experience very jerky drive after 10 min warm up.
But after 10 min of drive, my car is prefect.
I have changed my fuel pump due to leakage.
Everyone can help? Thanks

Re: very jerky when cold engine

For the first 10 plus min after 10 min warm up, my car is very jerky when waiting for traffic light or stop line. My car almost dead, I have to shift to N & ram the accelerator. As long as the rpm is about 1500 is fine, the ride is on a higher rpm.
After 10 min, the ride is smooth & idling is fine. When engine is heat up.
Any solution?

ignition coil?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Would be easier for the other guys here to help if they know which engine you have .......

imagine someone asking you to check your map sensor or boost pressure regulator when you have a n46 engine ......

Edy Seng;1107298 said:
For the first 10 plus min after 10 min warm up, my car is very jerky when waiting for traffic light or stop line. My car almost dead, I have to shift to N & ram the accelerator. As long as the rpm is about 1500 is fine, the ride is on a higher rpm.
After 10 min, the ride is smooth & idling is fine. When engine is heat up.
Any solution?

Sometimes could be due to software issue? Have your ride gone for software upgrade? I suggest you go to workshop to have it check.

Is yours an n46 engine? Have you checked your map sensor or boost pressure regulator?

My guess would be spark plugs and ignition coils for engine jerks
Cheaper to check these first too

Cud also be solenoids? But like what the rest of the guys suggested, best go to a mech... :)

Might be due to crank shaft sensor and software issues. That's was what happened to my E93. With aircon off, my car will be jerky when coming to a stop. Even died a few times at traffic light. After upgrading my software and change the crank shaft sensor, all is well.

I spoke from experience. It was a combination of issues - of software update, filter pump change and valve clot. The ws don't even though the exact problem(s) but i don't experience the problem. I guess it is resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88network
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back