Vibration after cold start

Tantalus

E90 320i
3 years old
Mileage 66k

Hi guys, recently noticed tt my steering wheel vibrate quite a bit and strange sounds coming from my engine each time after starting a cold engine. When I start to move, in the first few minutes, i feel some resistance from the front tyres especially when turning.

read in the forum some other bros also encounter the sounds during motion. but for me, after moving for about 5 minutes, the sound disappears and everything is back to normal. But each time i leave the engine until its cold, the sound will come again. i noticed its getting louder now too.

Could it be also due to warping of brake rotors or something like tt? I just wanna have some idea before going to the workshops and myself conned :p

ps: i usually wash my car immediately after using it, so, hot metal kena cold water maybe can have this effect? thanks in advance for your advice!

Re: Vibration after cold start

its most likely due to insufficient air going into your engine Tantalus.
try having a look at your air intake system if there's any leakage or loosening of tubes.
other than that, its the airflow sensor going nuts which i don't is likely for a new model like yours

Hi,

i have the exact same problem as well, did you manage to find out whats the issue?

difficult to let a mechanic diagnose cos it only happens on cold starts.

hey, just collected my car last Fr from pml. apparently its due to a faulty steering wheel fluid pump and leaking steering fluid valve. my steerng fluid was almost drained out. thats y the noise only occur when cold. the pump is struggling to inject da fluid. once heated up, the fluid expands, hence sufficient steering fluid gets into da system.

they changed the entire pump system.

I saw da invoice = 3.9k!

my warranty still on till next month. so lucky for me. hope my layman explanation above helps :)

thanks a lot bro! i better get mine checked though my warranty is not wif PML, its wif TWM.

just to clarify. the 3.9k invoice also covers host of other changes common to a 3 year old 320i ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slotmpo99id

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back