Vibration at 80km/h

Re: Vibration at 80km/h

therock610;926296 said:
OMG! Mine is still in workshop now, mechanic will replace drive shaft, keep my finger cross, will update soon...

Hey bro, jus like to know your experience with OW , like your claim process, any difficulties, dispute etc...

Am thinking of buying some warranty to over my e60...recently I think compressor etc quite loud...some more exhaust giving white smoke...not sure if piston rings gone case or maybe because I used bad Shell Helix oil from Giant!

Btw hope your ride already in tip top condition!

Bro, they have a list of claimable items that able to claim, else the rest will be consider wear & tear/chargeable.

2 months back I replaced oil sum gasket but found leak again, they replace again at no charge. I would say they are pretty reasonable

However, before warranty purchase, they will check your car 1st, meaning you need to repair 1st...another thing is, u can't buy your stuffs for them to install, require to buy from them. But i've compared the repair cost is quite close to what some bros done at site sponsor

Hope that helps

I bought a car from executive motor and also warranty by Optima Werk.
The servicing is very expensive and the coverage is basically nothing
Basically anything that is spoil they will tell me it's wear and tear!!!

I ask them what is covered their manager tiek din bothered to answer me. I was so pissed off.

I'm not sure about others so far u have spent $4000 in 3 visits

I'm not going back again

I spent about that amount too but at the least manage to claim a drive shaft FOC....
Agreed, "wear & tear" is used often:(

Hello ... I have this vibration at 80-90 kph but now is completely gone. ... it was bothersome but was not the wheel or tyres or prop shaft or anything in this area ... the sound and vibration was from the engine and transmitted to the transmission at 80 kph. .. last mth, it disappeared... I realised this was the result of replacing my belt tensioner and pull and alternator bearings... the vibration was dependent on the load on the belt and happened that at 80, the bearings resonated when in 6 gear.. it may be worth checking from this angle .....

Mambo76;970275 said:
Hi therock610 and all,

I have a whining noise too, from moving and the loudest being at 60-80km., the same workshop checked and said is axle spoiled which is not under warranty. Now negotiating with the workshop and car dealer on who to pay. I bought this 2007 E70 in oct 2012 and have spent $2k since.....: (.

TS, do you still have the problem after driveshaft and propellar change?

Rgds

Today ,my buddy also driving e90 went to check on his whinning sound,ws say rear axle spoiled,need replacement,new axle is 2.8k and must indent.labour is 800 bucks,can any one advice on this issue

Bro Zincman, my replacement is the propeller shaft but ever ask about the rear axle from site sponsor, yes is around that price but didn't take note inclusive of labour or not...

Axle spoil quite rare - at least to me. You sure its one of the shafts behind ? Not the wheel bearing ?

Des the whine volume change when turning left or right ?

Zincman;1041859 said:
Today ,my buddy also driving e90 went to check on his whinning sound,ws say rear axle spoiled,need replacement,new axle is 2.8k and must indent.labour is 800 bucks,can any one advice on this issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Check drive train. May have hit something and damage the drive shaft!!!

Red_Bean_Bun;1041912 said:
Axle spoil quite rare - at least to me. You sure its one of the shafts behind ? Not the wheel bearing ?

Des the whine volume change when turning left or right ?

No ,the whine volume no change when turning

My buddy have just replaced the rear axle yesterday,today sat his bimmer,swee swee no more whinning sound already but cost him 3k plus .ws advice us to change our axle oil every 20000km interval.dun play play if not big hole in our pocket.

Zincman;1042897 said:
My buddy have just replaced the rear axle yesterday,today sat his bimmer,swee swee no more whinning sound already but cost him 3k plus .ws advice us to change our axle oil every 20000km interval.dun play play if not big hole in our pocket.

Sad to hear that but I usually get a second opinion if it's a major job. Have been given freaking misdiagnosis too many times by some "reputable" workshops. Good luck with your repairs.

Went to 3 ws to diagnose and all comfirm is rear axle

Zincman;1042972 said:
Went to 3 ws to diagnose and all comfirm is rear axle

Oh I see. Good luck with repairs. At least u can be certain the problem is confirmed. Not like my previous ones, macham hide and seek with the dealer's meat(work)shop.

I am looking to sell my UltraRacing Front and Rear Roll(Sway) bars. They were only installed on my car for a week before I took them off. Reason is because I found the ride too firm for my liking. I think someone who goes to the racetrack or drives more aggressively might appreciate them. I got them from the authorised Singapore distributor E-Rev Motorsports for $700 with receipt to proof. I am willing to let go of both bars at $350. Pls drop me a line at 96951941 if keen. Cheers!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back