Vibration during idle

Barrudas

Hi need some advise here. Anyone who currently or previously own a e60 LCI 520i experience slightly heavy vibration during idling and managed to solve it?

I have been to a few workshops and so far have replace

1. Engine and gb mounting
2. Sparks plug
3. Manifold Intake pressure sensor

The thing is, one workshop tells me it might be engine mounting wearing out prematurely and ask me to change mounting again. This is after they diagnose it with a computer and found no fault code, no misfiring all values are normal.

Went to a second workshop, was told it might be fuel pump and fuel filter.

Then a third workshop and was told it might be injector.

But no one seem to be able to pin point the problem so it be great if anyone here experience the same problem and managed to solve it can share some insight on this.

If it's not giving u any other problems except for the slight discomfort, I'll suggest not to waste money and change anything. Presumably it is just part of the ageing. :)

happened to my e60 LCi as well. Engine was knocking so hard in the morning that it threatened to shut down (and it did a few times). Changing spark plugs didn't help. Until the workshop suggested cleaning the throttle body and its solved!

Barrudas;n1843729 said:
Hi need some advise here. Anyone who currently or previously own a e60 LCI 520i experience slightly heavy vibration during idling and managed to solve it?
I have been to a few workshops and so far have replace1. Engine and gb mounting
2. Sparks plug3. Manifold Intake pressure sensor
The thing is, one workshop tells me it might be engine mounting wearing out prematurely and ask me to change mounting again. This is after they diagnose it with a computer and found no fault code, no misfiring all values are normal.
But no one seem to be able to pin point the problem so it be great if anyone here experience the same problem and managed to solve it can share some insight on this.

how much you paid for the mounting?

Yes, sounds like the same problem as me... I do get rattles from passenger dashboard (especially at idle), once move off the rattling stops.. Funny enough, if you apply pressure to the trimming the rattle stops!

Suspect it might be engine mounting problem or hopefully maybe just a loose nut in the glovebox..?

Maybe can try cleaning the TB as Jay suggested, I'm looking to try that.

jayphus;n1844087 said:
happened to my e60 LCi as well. Engine was knocking so hard in the morning that it threatened to shut down (and it did a few times). Changing spark plugs didn't help. Until the workshop suggested cleaning the throttle body and its solved!

Hi Bro,

Can I ask where do you have the TB cleaned? Cost?

Suggest you wait for the warning lights to come on and then send your car for diagnostic test by BMW.
My car F10 523i 2011 was having the same problem and I was trying to solve it before warning lights came on. Spent unnecessary money to repair the wrong parts. Eventually it was found fuel injector was dirty and ignition coil (3 pieces) not functioning well. I had my fuel injector flushed and cleaned and ignitions coil replaced. My car is now performing like brand new. Cost for the job MYR960 nett.

An update to my progress so far. The vibration still persist after I have done the following;

1. Change a new set of engine mounting
2. Change knock sensor
3. Remove and checking of fuel injector (no clog)
4. Change ignition coils

So I'm left with the very last option which is advise by some workshop to be the fuel pump and filter. I will give up on trying to fix the vibration problem if changing the fuel pump doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe loosen up the mountings then retorque them to factory specs ?

Check the idling roughness and see if there's more spark discharge than normal ?

Valvetronic intake lifts all within specs ?

Fuel pump rate ok ?

When is durian season ?

Maybe loosen up the mountings then retorque them to factory specs ?

Check the idling roughness and see if there's more spark discharge than normal ?

Valvetronic intake lifts all within specs ?

Fuel pump rate ok ?

When is durian season ?

Hi Red Bean, any workshop you can recommend to do all the checks?

Ignition coil?
Hi I have the same problem during thr warranty period. Went back to pmpl 6 times in a month. At last they found the Digital Motor Electronics (DME) has problem. Eventually they changed the whole unit. This is an expensive item. Hope yours is not the same.

I have been to a few workshops and so far have replace

1. Engine and gb mounting
2. Sparks plug
3. Manifold Intake pressure sensor

What you changed I had done that on my old E60 and it did not help at all.
The list will go on..... like to replace gearbox mountings etc etc
Perhaps you should go NSHW to clear some carbon, change to thicker oil and try to pump higher octane fuel.

What you changed I had done that on my old E60 and it did not help at all.
The list will go on..... like to replace gearbox mountings etc etc
Perhaps you should go NSHW to clear some carbon, change to thicker oil and try to pump higher octane fuel.

That sounds ominous. I already went on to NSHW to clear carbon and been pumping 98 or V power. Though i been using 5W40 oil. Maybe need to change to a thicker oil to try.

Hi I have the same problem during thr warranty period. Went back to pmpl 6 times in a month. At last they found the Digital Motor Electronics (DME) has problem. Eventually they changed the whole unit. This is an expensive item. Hope yours is not the same.
Mine again jerk after i drive frm bukit panjang-amk. During parking. Idling drop.till 500

It's really uncomfortable and irritating when the car behaves like this, I can empathise you.

That sounds ominous. I already went on to NSHW to clear carbon and been pumping 98 or V power. Though i been using 5W40 oil. Maybe need to change to a thicker oil to try.

Unfortunately now my 08 X6 has the same symptom. Changed everything and it does not work, next servicing will consider thicker oil perhaps 10w40.

Unfortunately now my 08 X6 has the same symptom. Changed everything and it does not work, next servicing will consider thicker oil perhaps 10w40.

Bro my x6 also same.. After change mounting improve a lot but vibration still there..

Switch off Aircon vibration when down more..

If u found a solution do post here..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back