Vibration when not moving

Vince82

Hi all,

I'm currently driving a 116i. Recently, I noticed that when I'm at the junction, waiting for the green light, my car seemed to vibrate a bit too violent for my liking. Does that happen to you guys as well? Is it normal or my butt too sensitive?

FYI, I have set the Start-Stop to off so shouldn't be this issue, right?

Pls advise.

Re: Vibration when not moving

Vince82;897819 said:
Hi all,

I'm currently driving a 116i. Recently, I noticed that when I'm at the junction, waiting for the green light, my car seemed to vibrate a bit too violent for my liking. Does that happen to you guys as well? Is it normal or my butt too sensitive?

FYI, I have set the Start-Stop to off so shouldn't be this issue, right?

Pls advise.

which junction???

* my car vibrates too at the junction but only happen at Tuas as too many big truck and containers driving pass.....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;897821 said:
which junction???

* my car vibrates too at the junction but only happen at Tuas as too many big truck and containers driving pass.....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Nothing to do with the road I guess. It occurs quite frequently and randomly as well.

My car doesn't vibrate like this.

Perhaps you can give more details like the type of petrol used, when it occurs most frequently etc. The fastest way to get an answer is to go to PML, but sometimes the answer is something like 'this is common for the car'.

My car is completely stock and uses Esso 8000. I started to notice the vibrations these few days and I gotten my car not too long ago. So is it common or something wrong with my car? I can feel the car vibrates when it is stationary. Though not very obvious, I can feel that my car seats are vibrating. And start-stop is switched off.

Any comments? I'm afraid that if I bring back to PML, they might say its normal. So wanna gather some feedback.

Like I said, my car doesn't vibrate like that. It should idle at a constant rpm and def not judder. It's a new car so can't be engine mounts etc worn off.

If PML gives you a lousy answer, take it to Munich Auto for a second opinion.

Did your idling rpm fall a little bit recently?
What is our idling rpm now?

Jason8822;897934 said:
Did your idling rpm fall a little bit recently?
What is our idling rpm now?

Hi, I have tested that out today. My observations are:

1) when my idling rpm is at around 800, there is this slight vibration.
2) when it becomes around 600-700, then it is fine.

The 800 rpm idling rpm normally occurs when I just started my car for not too long.

A point of what I usually do when I start my car is to wait for the rpm to drop to about 800 before moving off. Does this play a part?

Pls advise.

Idling rpm a bit too high, bring to workshop and ask them to lower it
min should be 650, anything lower and you will get vibration again

Bro vince82, that is not an illusion as I can feel that in my one month old 116 too. Very minor and bearable so I just take it as it is eager to move off :lol:

After the engine gets warm enough, then the idling rpm will drop to around 650. Thus, the vibration stops. Gotta wait for the engine to really warm up then...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back