violent jerks then gearbox warning indicator

mouse73

I was stationary at a traffic junction this morning and the car (1.5 yr old 318) jerked violently and then went "limp". The gearbox indicator started flashing. I had to restart the engine a few times before it could move again. I went to PML immediately. The indicator had disappeared by then. The service staff checked the computer indicators of the car and noted nothing wrong, and told me to just monitor the situation. Sounds odd that nothing is wrong.

Wondering if anyone had similar experience(s) or has any insights to share?

Re: violent jerks then gearbox warning indicator

Damn.. how can they claim NOTHING has happened!!!!! Try going to Boss motorsports to do a diagnostic check to ascertain if the gearbox is really ok.

had the same thing happen to me.

2 faults:-
1. camshaft sensor
2. crankshaft sensor

quick fixes but the crankshaft sensor is a bitch to replace - have to remove torque convertor to replace.

good luck!

why pay when under warranty? tell PML to get it fixed...ask them to run thorough test...if u go mid day they will not do their best for you...too many customers...book an appointment w them and do a thorough check. tell them it happened again and you are not taking your car back until fixed...threaten them w the new lemon laws...why accept their explanation if u believe that yr car is indeed not well?

thanks for sharing your thots. Yes, I will book another appt and get them to actually open up the car to check (instead of reading the computer indicator, which even I know how to do). It's still relatively new, can't be "wear and tear", esp when it's still less than 15k mileage. hmmm...... PML's service does not seem to be that great.... or maybe cos I have a low end bimmer! (i.e. lowest priority customer)

dude, the faults will appear immediately once they plug in the diagnostics. so no excuses there...

hmm..... didn't know the faults are supposed to appear.... looks like i should bring a friend who knows more about cars when I go down to PML, lest they pull wool over my eyes. I know nuts about cars except to drive them (or maybe not even that ! Yes, I will be the first to admit that I am not a great driver)

thanks again for the sharing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23winfarm

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back