• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Want to Swap: E90 Window Trim

southpaw23

Hi folks,

I have an odd request, i'm driving an E90 LCI and am keen to change the window trim (i'm not sure if that's what you call it) to chrome, it's currently in black.

Anyone currently on chrome window trims and looking to black it out, keen on swopping? Let me know :)

cheers!

Re: Want to Swap: E90 Window Trim

I know which part u talking about,but u just a month late,cos i just use a black stickers to cover my chrome window trimming to black lol!

bro,

If i am not wrong you cant remove your window trim without damaging it.

i am thinking of ditching my chrome to black cos I changed the front grill to matt black. but i am still considering

Carcalhosa - Darn. :p

Jerms - it seems quite unlikely that the trims can't be removed.

Spyers79 - do let me know when you've decided. My trims are in gloss black so you know.

Anyone else? :)

You can remove them but must be done by someone who's experienced at doing it.

The possibility of damaging the trims while removing them will always be there and it's a risk that you'd have to bear.

Even installing them needs skills as we have Bros here who suffered leakage due to poorly installed window trims after a re-spray job. This is especially so when the trims were damaged when removed but the installer wasn't aware....

Buy new chrome ones if you prefer to change them from Black to chrome....

Thanks TobyNik. Any ideas where i can find the Chrome trims and mind sharing the ballpark price for these?

i wanted to change my black to chrome ones and got to know that if you try to remove the chrome ones... due to the way you need to flex and bent it to remove it, you might coz it to warp or to have "bubbled" area on the chrome becasue of the way we need to twist it to be removed.. i dont know how true is that though.

jerms is absolutely right. You will damage the chrome trim if you remove it especially the ones below the windows. Changed my black trim to chrome ones sometime back. The chrome trim will bent (and will not be totally straight to be re-installed back) when you remove it. Bought the chrome set from Eng Soon and it'll come with the chrome front grille as well.

Yes eng soon supply the chrome trimming. It cost about $675. The whole set comes complete with chrome grill, including the vertical grill in chrome.

Yeah. I think it's about that price. Can't remember cos it's been quite sometime back.
Do note that price is only for the chrome set itself. Still got to add installation charge. For my case, installation is FOC cos I install myself.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm still keen on swapping as i think it'll be a win win for both parties if there's someone out there desiring for blacked out trims.

So hit me up if anyone's keen. I still have some time to make up my mind on this and look for a swop partner, till the new wheels arrive so bumpz to the thread and thanks for everyone's inputs thus far.

Still considering the swap for chrome trim. Anyone interested in my gloss black trims. These are the trims that come with the 335i. The ones on the 318i and 320i are matt black.

Lemme know :)

jerms;616486 said:
bro,

If i am not wrong you cant remove your window trim without damaging it.

Bro jerms, sorry to cut in you thread but would be alright for ya to tell me or PM the price u paid for your BWM BBK? From PML or Group by? or Outside supplier?

Many thanks!

southpaw23;646007 said:
Still considering the swap for chrome trim. Anyone interested in my gloss black trims. These are the trims that come with the 335i. The ones on the 318i and 320i are matt black.

Lemme know :)

I am keen but just wondering if it fit e90 pre lci model? And also you know any experience guy that can help to do the swap?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
for88today

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back