Wanted: Season parking MBFC

Re: Wanted: Season parking MBFC

epong;594194 said:
How do you know you are #50+?

I asked. Thats' what the management office told me.

andy_sg;594345 said:
It's unbelievable that a new financial hub has a lack of parking lots.

Based on my understanding, many banks are setting up to attract affluents at Marina Bay Towers. With limited parking space, how are they going to park their luxury cars? It will be a turn off! :)

For those who have to abandon their cars and walk a distance to reach their destination, I feel that it defeats the purpose of driving.

15 mins to your office + 15 minutes from your office to your carpark. Altogether 30 minutes spent on walking to and fro. Moreover you're going to do it everyday, not just once or twice a week thingy.

+1

The "take public transport" argument put forth by the government is valid only if BOTH Marina Bay area AND our homes have good public transport access.

Sadly for me, both are unavailable.

1. Bus -- 1 hour 45 min each way
2. Taxi -- $35 each way, if one is available
3. MRT -- nearest station 30min bus ride away -- what a joke
3. Car -- ???

This is so messed up. Sigh.

epong;594605 said:
How about 4. Run to work?

Actually thought about (4). Cycle. I can do the 20km journey in 40 minutes

Three problems:
1. Need to fetch my wife
2. Shower & Change of clothes
3. All the roadworks make cycling on main roads extremely dangerous. It's a death zone out there.

Urgh.

DriveAllDay;594623 said:
Actually thought about (4). Cycle. I can do the 20km journey in 40 minutes

Three problems:
1. Need to fetch my wife
2. Shower & Change of clothes
3. All the roadworks make cycling on main roads extremely dangerous. It's a death zone out there.

Urgh.

Your cycling duration puts you in the triathlete catergory. Park and walk for 15-20mins shouldn't break a sweat for you especially if you use the underpass. I have been doing it for more than 2 years. Trust me it is a good daily exercise.

DrK;594810 said:
Your cycling duration puts you in the triathlete catergory. Park and walk for 15-20mins shouldn't break a sweat for you especially if you use the underpass. I have been doing it for more than 2 years. Trust me it is a good daily exercise.

20km in 40 mins is about 30km/h -- nowhere near triathlon standard yet lah. It's quite fun knowing that I can out-run buses but the roads are way too dangerous for cyclists nowadays. Had a few close calls so that option is out.

In terms of park and walk -- just don't fancy the 15-20 min on top of the 30min car ride each way. That's almost 2 hours spent on commuting a day even after paying hefty premium to own a car.

Anyways many thanks to all your advice, feedback, and help.

Hi guys, I was around that area during the holiday. There's a newly-opened carpark in the junction of Marina Boulevard and Bayfront Avenue manage by Wilson Parking. They have quite a reasonable hourly rate and for sure there are still season parking lots available. Maybe you could try to call them. I'll see if i can find out about it and post here the details.

ember;603348 said:
Hi guys, I was around that area during the holiday. There's a newly-opened carpark in the junction of Marina Boulevard and Bayfront Avenue manage by Wilson Parking. They have quite a reasonable hourly rate and for sure there are still season parking lots available. Maybe you could try to call them. I'll see if i can find out about it and post here the details.

Hey ember

Thanks for the great tip. Really appreciate it.

Checked with Wilson Parking -- no season parking arrangement for the moment. They are exploring max/day option.

The quest continues!

LH

The park and walk option is really not too bad if you secure a lot at Raffles Place. There's the Marina Link Mall thats air conditioned and of course underground from Raffles Place to MBFC. Walking to and fro is a breeze literally. Don't be so uptight about having to walk 5-10 mins after parking lah ;)

Physicist;603458 said:
The park and walk option is really not too bad if you secure a lot at Raffles Place. There's the Marina Link Mall thats air conditioned and of course underground from Raffles Place to MBFC. Walking to and fro is a breeze literally. Don't be so uptight about having to walk 5-10 mins after parking lah ;)

Don't mind walking the 5-10min really. What I was told it is more a 15-20 min walk, uncovered. That adds 40 min daily to the total traveling time, which is a little frustrating.

Do you know the Marina Link Mall season parking option?

DriveAllDay;603522 said:

Don't mind walking the 5-10min really. What I was told it is more a 15-20 min walk, uncovered. That adds 40 min daily to the total traveling time, which is a little frustrating.

Do you know the Marina Link Mall season parking option?

There's no parking for Marina Link Mall. Its a concept similar to the subterrenean mall linking City Hall and Marina Sq. Lots of F&B and retails shops. Give it a try one day and see how it is. You'll be surprised how pleasant it is to walk from Raffles Place to MBFC.

Bro, can try Marina Sq Shopping Mall then catch a bus to MBFC.

Everyone walks around in RP. A common activity even if you drive. :)

Better Park and Walk. Might as well also buy the new BMW Umbrella with LED Torch to go along. You need it. Honest.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Will take all that into advisement.

Right now my options are:
1. Park at the Sail (most ideal: thanks to a kind offer from fellow forum member -- need to confirm nearer the date)
2. Park & walk from RP - still on waitlist, so no guarantee
3. Park & cycle from Marina Sq - last resort

Thanks to all again!

Hi,

I'm a reporter and I'm working on a story about the shortage of parking at MBFC. Would be great if I could speak to those who are fed up about the parking situation and other inconviences. My email is [email protected].

limmlc;608508 said:
Hi,

I'm a reporter and I'm working on a story about the shortage of parking at MBFC. Would be great if I could speak to those who are fed up about the parking situation and other inconviences. My email is [email protected].

I think you'd find quite a few volunteers. Mind telling us which paper/publication you write for?

Also extend your topic beyond MBFC. Just take out your map and see how poorly planned the entire Marina Sq and Marina Bay area is -- it is almost as if the roads and the transportation network are an after-thought.
1. Insufficient parking. MBFC has one of the lowest carpark - tenant ratio.
2. Insufficient road entry/exit points to the areas. Already there're terrible lock-jams at Raffles Ave & Temasek Ave because of Marina Sands, and Collyer Quay & Marina Boulevard. It would get MUCH worse.
3. ERP in every direction from MBFC. You can't leave work without paying, no matter which road you take.
4. Insufficient public transport.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the reply,

I'm with one of the newspapers, sorry but can't say more than that. I'm still looking to get responses for the story so if any of you are keen to talk about your problems finding parking, just drop me an email and we can have a chat :) once again my email is [email protected]

I beg to differ on the poor transport planning around mbfc. You can go on marina boulevard towards aye/ecp and avoid the congestion along Shenton way and robinson. Plus no erp. Parking is an issue, but I think the new ura bayfront parking will help alleviate the situation.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back