warranty expiring

Monstar3

Hi all, my warranty wanna expire in April.
any thing to check and lookout for before the warranty end?

Re: warranty expiring

send in for pre-warranty check at PML or MA
it's $80 that you don't want to save even if they say everything is good and nothing to change

wt_know;761240 said:
send in for pre-warranty check at PML or MA
it's $80 that you don't want to save even if they say everything is good and nothing to change

Completely agree - PML did change various parts for me eg battery, aircon condenser etc when i did the inspection and there were no no signs of any problems before the inspection.

By way of comparison, Stuttgart Auto will want $500 bucks for the same inspection! Blood suckers...

So watz the point in doing a pre end of warranty check? They say replace this that we still pay. Pls enlighten me tks

beemer75;967310 said:
So watz the point in doing a pre end of warranty check? They say replace this that we still pay. Pls enlighten me tks

You pay for the labour charges. And they not only check things that they cover for the warranty. If they are good they check everything. and not everything is under warranty. thats when you decide to do or not do.

When I send in my car for the last servicing the AD erase all error codes.

After warranty ended next month - they show me all the error codes with a quotation.......

bang table then backdate then claim under warranty. But you only get 1 shot at this......

beemer75;967310 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;967322 said:
When I send in my car for the last servicing before warranty end, the AD erased all error codes.

After warranty ended next month - they show me all the error codes with a quotation.......

bang table then backdate then claim under warranty. But you only get 1 shot at this......

Dats really bad!!!!

When I send in my car for the last servicing before warranty end, the AD erased all error codes.

They are treating us for a ride.
Cso talk very nice... Technical do another thing out.

how to prove they erase the error codes after 1 month?

I had a screen shot of the error codes when I did an inspection at a WS before sending t in for the servicing.

wt_know;967345 said:
how to prove they erase the error codes after 1 month?

sneaky ... hehe :thumbsup:

Red_Bean_Bun;967355 said:
I had a screen shot of the error codes when I did an inspection at a WS before sending t in for the servicing.

personally, i would recommend going to the workshops for a pre-warranty expiry check 3-6 months before warranty expires.
cost abt 80-120 bucks, get a report.
go back to PML to get em to address the issues.

Red_Bean_Bun said:

Not the only case I've heard over the years.

SUPAN said:
They are treating us for a ride.
Cso talk very nice... Technical do another thing out.

Shows how gullible many owners can be in fully trusting the agents. In dealing with this issue, always go for a second opinion outside.

That's what I did for my other car.... took screenshots of the errors that why when I banged table they say ok......

sszone;967388 said:
personally, i would recommend going to the workshops for a pre-warranty expiry check 3-6 months before warranty expires.
cost abt 80-120 bucks, get a report.
go back to PML to get em to address the issues.

kenntona;967391 said:
Not the only case I've heard over the years.

Shows how gullible many owners can be in fully trusting the agents. In dealing with this issue, always go for a second opinion outside.

Just curious , does agents then bill the work done for our warranty to BMW asia ?

SUPAN;967483 said:
Just curious , does agents then bill the work done for our warranty to BMW asia ?

first 2 years warranty by BMW. 3rd year by PML. so anything that is done in 3rd year, PML bears the cost.

so 3rd year answer is "that is normal" and "don't trust internet postings" ?

lim_ck;967547 said:
first 2 years warranty by BMW. 3rd year by PML. so anything that is done in 3rd year, PML bears the cost.

Any idea if the coolant reservoir leak and needed to be replaced consider under warranty(during warranty period)?
was told that it's a wear and tear item? Pls advise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vip777orgph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back