Warranty questions

LamroNiko

Hello guys, new here.

Firstly I am sorry if I am reposting a previously discussed topic, but I have yet to find any answers to my questions using the search button here or via google.

I am about to purchase an F30 and going to renew an extended warranty with PML

Question is: Will changing my 1 - bodykit(M performance) or 2 - rims(18 inch) be an issue for warranty with PML

My bodykit and rims quotes are definitely exorbitantly cheaper than what PML quotes for those 2 specified.

What issues will I face down the road. I wont be touching any engine or electronic parts with the car just purely aesthetics.

I have called PML 4 days in a row and their service reps are always busy and its just irritating when I cant find a decent answer.

Have any one of you been through the cycle owning a car under warranty but changing mere aesthetics?

Regards.

If u r worry about the warranty why don't your look around 3 years old F30 instead? U can do whatever u want on this car. Does this make any money sense to u?

It wouldnt if the repair bill comes in at a 5 digit figure if the engine or gb up lorry.

And I am asking people who have warranty or know what I would intend to experience.

Can forgot about their warranty... they are not the most capable solution providers imo (no offence to them).

And I don't think they will make any warranty disclaimer as long as your engine and gerabox is intact --- these are the 2 things I care about for warranty.

The rest are just wear and tear parts.

Just got my F30 from PML 2 mths ago, I went ahead to replace my rims to 18 inches outside. The SA verified with me that there won't be any warranty issue with regards to that, in fact I send my car in twice to fix a high pitch screeching sound coming from the left rear wheel and no issue with warranty.

But if u buy a non BMW rim, be prepared to have some brake vibration sound when you brake or move off cos the BMW rims are built to absorb the brake vibration, whereas aftermarket rims do not absorb the brake vibration sound.

But if u buy a non BMW rim, be prepared to have some brake vibration sound when you brake or move off cos the BMW rims are built to absorb the brake vibration, whereas aftermarket rims do not absorb the brake vibration sound.
What? Huh? Previous and current BMW are both on 3rd party rims and never heard of any brake vibration issue. I am sure there are tonnes of better & nicer looking rims out there rather than overpriced BMW rims

Last time i remembered asking my SA, he mentioned that anything aesthetic doesn't affect warranty. Just my 2c worth.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back