Warranty & Service Package Expiring

jojosnr

Dear all,

Any advise on what to raise as a concern for PML to check or replace before the above happens ? :( Still have 4 months to go.

Experience on how to grovel for replacement most welcomed :oops:

Re: Warranty & Service Package Expiring

Go and do a 100point check and get the results sheet. I did my 100point check 2wks before my warranty ended and lo' and behold, my aircon kaput 3 days after the warranty. Went back to bang table and got it changed under warranty.

Just don't expect them to cover anything if something happens 2mths down the road though! It is not fair to PML as well.

i did the additional check and got some parts changed which costed me almost 1k in total before the warranty expired... i thought safe liao lah... but the stupid car still broke down on me as soon as the warranty expired... many funny sensor alarms came out without me doing anything to the car... i was so amazed that the car really knows when to have his attitude.... why can't the problems come earlier... haiz....

Hi,

appreciate if you could elaborate what is the 100 points checks. is it done by PML ? what to do with the results sheet ? :oops:

thank in advanced. :)

Azrielsc;356042 said:
Go and do a 100point check and get the results sheet. I did my 100point check 2wks before my warranty ended and lo' and behold, my aircon kaput 3 days after the warranty. Went back to bang table and got it changed under warranty.

Just don't expect them to cover anything if something happens 2mths down the road though! It is not fair to PML as well.

Left my car with them for a day whilst they do checks... How thick are my brake pads, etc etc.

My warranty just expired. Few months ago, PML did a check and found a min lift error with servor motor (??) but told me that that was fixed. Now that the warranty is over, I did a scan at J4C and the same fault is still there. The moron just cover up and told me that it was done. As I have said b/f this is the last BMW for me.

That's not the end of my sad story with this car. After spending more than 2K on servicing, repairs and new brakes/rotors, the radiator had a hairline crack and engine overheated - another 800 buck down the drain. Want to know more, the day I collected the car after the radiator was replace, aircon kaput. All these happening within weeks of warranty expiry. I guess the morons reading this post must be smiling. BMW have the best engineering - timing all these failure perfectly - or are these the crafty work of their dealers????? I am not putting myself thru this hell again this life time.

if u change ur brakes pad and rotors outside...it is much cheaper.

well radiator n air-con.....guess it is the timing......it could happen to anycar and anyone too. definitely feel for u. take it easy

Thanks Como. Did my brakes and rotor at J4C, gave up at PML liao. Avoid going there as much as I can, unless no one else can help me. If that day were to happen, maybe its time to kiss the Bimmer goodbye.

oh, my car's warranty & service package is expiring in 3 mth time, and my car will be 3 yrs old on OCT 08, should i change car or keep the car ? or is there and extended warranty until 5 yrs ?

BT

hmm.... somehow i got the same problem too... my warranty just expired 2 months ago and i have tried my best to do all the additional check by PML and they also told me that whatever can be changed had changed which costed me 1.5k in total to be exact.. But i still got many funny sensor alarms came out few days ago and one of the sensor alarms was Engine Overheat... and the best one was Airbag Sensor...

I had the airbag and seat belt alarms coming at the same time last year when the car was 2 years old. Spent a few days in sick bay but don't really know what they do with it. Have not happen again - fingers crossed.

tbt - if the car is not giving problems, keep the car and enjoy the ride. Personally I would not pay to extend the warranty cause the service from some of the PML guys suck.

what warranty period?? loud voice + angry face means warranty still in placed.

Sometime soft approach also work. Evrytime loud voice and bang table, think I will die very soon. Email to management was what I did. and I have said this a many times, East Coast center is much better than Alexander. Got my problem sorted out, still had to pay some money as its outside warranty but with email directly to management, the service is much better.

Motofish;356513 said:
I had the airbag and seat belt alarms coming at the same time last year when the car was 2 years old. Spent a few days in sick bay but don't really know what they do with it. Have not happen again - fingers crossed.

tbt - if the car is not giving problems, keep the car and enjoy the ride. Personally I would not pay to extend the warranty cause the service from some of the PML guys suck.

Moto,

thanks for the advice, car didnt give much problem, only once going back becos my driver side auto lock kaput, unable to control using remote key and central lock, only can use the key to open and lock, in the end both front door's auto lock was replace that was some 6 month ago. other than that car is still ok.

extended warranty is for the peace of mind, yes even than PML sucks, think got not much choice than :(

bt

bt - there is a choice and I have decided to go with recommended workshop with expertise on our rides. These workshops may not have the big warehouse of spares and latest software/training, but they offer much better service. Good for my weak heart and high blood pressure. Its your call but you do have options.

Best regards - Motofish

Hi all bro.. do anyone think our car can be programme when to find fault with us so to spent money. seems most the bro here encounter same incident.. i read the bmw owner handbook said they manufacturer bmw car to last 15 years lei.. like babe your engine appear overheat.. but is it really overheat or is the programme.. u know what i mean

Recently noticed that my rpm is not very stable, in that it fluctuates when i am stationary with the drive engaged and when in neutral.

Is this a symptom for something unhealthy coming ? :(

jojosnr;356016 said:
Dear all,

Any advise on what to raise as a concern for PML to check or replace before the above happens ? :( Still have 4 months to go.

Experience on how to grovel for replacement most welcomed :oops:

IMO, quite often these repair/replacements are Wear and Tear, eg. aircon, belt, brake pad/disc, radiator, coolant tank.....blah-blah. BUT it is definitely PROGRAMMABLE, not thru software program, though. By wear and tear nature, brake pad will wear out, pastic/rubber biologically degrades over time, etc. And so I am VERY sure BMW oni time the 'durability' of these expendable items.

Depends on the driving style and driving condition (eg. constantly under HOT sun), one can 'sway-sway' experience simultaneous or consecutive kaputs literally at the same time.

I am inclined to think such experiences apply to other rides as well....

After waranty, go to your friendly, familiar non-PML workshop. You will easily save on the labour cost! My experience - 20%-30% saving! And usually u need to certain part(s). But PML will always wan u to change the WHOLE set!

jojosnr;358641 said:
Recently noticed that my rpm is not very stable, in that it fluctuates when i am stationary with the drive engaged and when in neutral.

Is this a symptom for something unhealthy coming ? :(

Same problem as mine... like i mentioned in another thread... the valtronic dunnowat sensor is spoilt. It takes 2 days to change! But best get it done, before warrantly runs out... coz if they take 2 days to change one part... i can't imagine how much the bill will be!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportsin
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back