Wat are good tyres for our 3 series bimmers

Re: Wat are good tyres for our 3 series bimmers

Continental CSC3 for performance and competitive price

wu gong kana boh gong. everyone likes different things. different driving styles. different budget. anyway this is another dumb topic. buy stock best. bmw recommend one is best. all factory tested.

totoseow said:
wu gong kana boh gong. everyone likes different things. different driving styles. different budget. anyway this is another dumb topic. buy stock best. bmw recommend one is best. all factory tested.

Hence there is a "market".......

3rd from the right TUA LIAP!

MW;1051415 said:
+1

Everything has to have a balance. Mod till hiong hiong but bargain and nego and go for cheapest used tyres to save a few hundreds..then get into accident and come to forum complain this tyre brand is the worst of all brands etc etc.

But that again like I said is a subjective and very individualistic choice. U cannot tell a hardcore modder tat he is a wannabe or badge whore just because he adores the brand but has no money to buy the real thing. In the end, his money, his way of doing up his car, his choice. Not yours. I never say me.

Same goes for tyres. Wan comfort and quiet?..u know the brands, u can goggle the pros and cons of buying those brands. U come in here u just hear guesswork, hearsay and limited user experience since Sg roads really too short and shitty to experience any tyres' full potential..like bbk

if mod king gets into accident.... then tao aftermarket bumpers / fender / body panel.... can still advertise as 'accident free'?

1 set PSS for 245/35/19F & 275/30/19R I paid about 1.8k all in at Leong Seng 2 weeks ago full service.....

Heard in a workshop.....

"Michelin? Sibey expensive leh. Tyres no need so good lah. I hardly drive fast. Hankook or Chao Yang can already. Somemore cannot see properly, you buy top end also no use."

"What about your bodykit? Replica?"

"Seow ah? Replica all fibreglass or wavy. Must get original and good stuff. Everyone can see one."

kenntona;1055112 said:
Heard in a workshop.....

"Michelin? Sibey expensive leh. Tyres no need so good lah. I hardly drive fast. Hankook or Chao Yang can already. Somemore cannot see properly, you buy top end also no use."

"Seow ah? Replica all fibreglass or wavy. Must get original and good stuff. Everyone can see one."

Haha... let people see lor... Go "see" them in hospital when they cannot stop in time....

_MG_1376.jpg

thats it.... pls PM me a good spray paint shop to fix the 'Michelin' decal on my tire sidewall.... 1 more thing to haolian.....

In certain professions - quality of rubber is very important. Hankook, Chao Yang or Durex may not be able to take the pressure......

kenntona;1055112 said:
Heard in a workshop.....

I am using Continental csc5p. Good tyres with reasonable pricing.

different tyre Brands / model are made or cater for diff Market.
If you like them you are their target customer
If you don't quite like them you are not their customer SIMPLE?
Just like why you drive a Bimmer?
Japs car owner will probably say my Japs car serve me also front Point A to Point B too
and maintainers cost is generally Lower and less problematic
A Good tyre is the Quality not just a pc of Rubber.
It serves me well with Peace of mind especially Safety issue (not just you don't drive fast , you need to stop your car in shortest distance possible when in emergency situation.)
If every one drive like FLYING a airplane , I will say any tyre will do not Job.
because we all keep safe braking distance of at least 20 car length and all cars are speed limited to 80km/h.
Driver will be hang if he beat the red light or cause other to death because of his negligence (sorry to state this)
But we are on the road with many kinds of Cars / Drivers which is not under our control thus i need to have good set of tyre to help me react to any sudden change of road condition and situation.
POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't really like user reviews on tyres - too subjective to conclude anything. Somemore at most compare just 2 tyre models.

I prefer to mull over hard facts - professional tyre tests conducted by respected auto magazines, auto organisations.
Facts that can be quantified, like direct comparison of dry/wet braking distance, rolling resistance, are much more worthwhile to look at, compared to subjective claims by users saying Brand A more comfortable/less FC than Brand B.

I use this website for the list of tests for summer tyres.
Tyre tests at tyrereviews | the online tyre guide

Not surprisingly, for ultra high performance tyre category, the famous brands come out tops, Conti CSC3 in 2010s, Goodyear F1A2 completely dominating almost all tests in 2011 to 2013, CSC5 is the lead model right now. Michelin's PS3 has a string of number 2s over the long years - unfortunately, playing second fiddle to CS3 in 2010, F1A2 in 2011-2012, and CS5 in 2013.

Nonetheless, with high performance comes high prices. If you are concerned about getting high performance with good prices (no need best of the best, top 3 in the tests), with all the information available, a top 5-10 tyre at say 60-70% cost of top 3, may be your best choice.

using Pilot super sports, no regret jumping from bridgestone RFT

road noise is reduced alot, and grip in wet road is good too...

just my 2 cents

I just replaced a new set of Goodyear F1 Asy2 yesterday.Going to try it out and will post reviews as well.Anyway , any 1 heard of this brand from Holland called Vredestein .A1 tyres recommend this Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyres,Prices after trade in about same as Eagle Asy2

My limited experience.
Don't like RFT. Noisy and not good in cornering and braking.
Tried Dunlop before, quiet but cornering can be better.
Bridgestone, good overall performer - quiet for 10000 km then road noise gone up. RF noisy and lasted only 30k km on my E90.
Continental good but not the best. RF v noisy.
Goodyear - good overall, Excellence on my e60 were v good. Mileage, quiet, performance, all v good. AS2 used by my son superb (his words) that he now got a second set. I'm waiting to fit AS2 on my F30.

bros, pardon me hor... was tinking of joining the track day organised by the forum then change tire over there... Anyone tried before cos after lapping the tire sure kong off liaoz.

I just got the f1a2 on my f30. First impressions seem good. Havent pushed the car yet. But the pss feels a little quieter

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back