Wear and tear replacements

Re: Wear and tear replacements

[G'day all seniors,

Newbie here and thinking of getting our first 523 '05 soon.
Need some advise from all the seniors here.
Kindly advise the wkshop u guys hv been sending your ride for servicing and what is the damage like. (Base on the thread posted here)
The ride we r getting mileage is aldy close to 198k, is there anything I need to look out for when I view tis car? 1 Owner.

Thank you in advance for ur kind advise ]

Hi bro,
Pls PM me too and the damage cost :)
Thank u

Cheers,
TKF

sorrie i not senior but my past experience of buying pre-owned cars...

pls send it to the site sponsor workshop and checklist all the wear n tear n repair n replacement, BEFORE you commit anything...

note: the seller/salesperson might not tell or might not know the history of the car... dun trust sales talk.

GO WORKSHOP CHECK.

:naughty:

I found out these after I bought mine, so share share...
basic servicing: $250 up...
parts replacement: $50 to $XXXXX !!!!!

read from one of the topics here that buy bmw for driving pleasure and experience, i agree.

but i also agree with one of the mechanics, "If you want lesser problems car, buy lexus."

i'm enjoying my 525.

especially after u change the "lim" to 19"... Whahahhaahh!!!

TheKongFamily;866145 said:
G'day all seniors,

Kindly advise the wkshop u guys hv been sending your ride for servicing and what is the damage like. (Base on the thread posted here)
The ride we r getting mileage is aldy close to 198k, is there anything I need to look out for when I view tis car? 1 Owner.

Thank you in advance for ur kind advise :)

Cheers
TKF ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Bro Kyeong,

Thank you for ur infor and advise.
Will take note of those tt u hv mentioned

Appreciate ;) hv a gd wkend

:dance:TKF

TheKongFamily;866971 said:
Hi Bro Kyeong,

Thank you for ur infor and advise.
Will take note of those tt u hv mentioned

Appreciate ;) hv a gd wkend

:dance:TKF

If looking at 198k mileage for 7.5 years car , mileage wise are pretty decent cos just 20k ++ per year and suit just singapore road driving style only.. ( provided the mileage figure never been unlawful adjusted lah ) however , I will stil,strongly recommend for LCI version ( mid 2007 ) if u have allow budget to go with , cos lesser problem and lots part been significantly improved over the pre-LCI complaints issues ....

TheKongFamily;866145 said:
G'day all seniors,

Thank you in advance for ur kind advise :)

Cheers
TKF ;)

I sold my 06 523i at 180K mileage.
Thing to look out for 198k car:
1. Engine oil consumption issue - My previous car consume 1L oil for every 1K mileage. The problem may due to the worn out piston ring or piston. Need min $5K for engine overhaul.
2. Gear box jerky - common problem for high mileage E60. Need to change out the solenoid - $2-3K.
3. Worn out suspension - $1K for stock absorber.
4. Engine & gearbox mounting - I change out mine at 120K mileage. So for 198K you may need to change soon.
5. Water pump - I change out mine at 120K also.

The above is just the major parts which need to be replace. Other wear and tear parts is just normal like low mileage car like brakes, seal, filters etc.

Hope this will help.

blacktrek;867041 said:
I sold my 06 523i at 180K mileage.
Thing to look out for 198k car:
1. Engine oil consumption issue - My previous car consume 1L oil for every 1K mileage. The problem may due to the worn out piston ring or piston. Need min $5K for engine overhaul.
2. Gear box jerky - common problem for high mileage E60. Need to change out the solenoid - $2-3K.
3. Worn out suspension - $1K for stock absorber.
4. Engine & gearbox mounting - I change out mine at 120K mileage. So for 198K you may need to change soon.
5. Water pump - I change out mine at 120K also.

The above is just the major parts which need to be replace. Other wear and tear parts is just normal like low mileage car like brakes, seal, filters etc.

Hope this will help.

Hi Blacktrek,

Thank you and really appreciate your infor and advise for the above. Your reply to my questions definitely help.

Thank you again :)

Cheers & happy national day ;)
TKF

Algino;867031 said:
If looking at 198k mileage for 7.5 years car , mileage wise are pretty decent cos just 20k ++ per year and suit just singapore road driving style only.. ( provided the mileage figure never been unlawful adjusted lah ) however , I will stil,strongly recommend for LCI version ( mid 2007 ) if u have allow budget to go with , cos lesser problem and lots part been significantly improved over the pre-LCI complaints issues ....

Hi Algino,

Thank you for ur advise and will consider your recommendation :)

Appreciate your input :)

Cheers & happy national day too ;)
TKF

yuziqpalmyra;818196 said:
I believe u've received my pm.

Bro.
Just got a 05 523. Please give me the workshop contact and the estimate pricing.
Thank you

Hi bro, mind to pm me as well cos I'm newbie here. Thks in advance.

yuziqpalmyra;817766 said:
Mileage is at almost 107K now to be exact...the former owner really enjoyed the car...he..he

Hi I just got a 2007 e60 LCI which is due for 100k km servicing. Can PM me workshop & costs??

Thank u so much

Hey bro
mine is E60 2009 4 potter. Have changed brake pads and disc liao over the last one year and gotten free Gasket cover replaced due to oil leaks (still within warranty so free-heng ah).
Anything else i need to change? please PM me the name of the workshop?
THanks buddy :)

Bro, interested to know the workshop too...pls PM...tks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ee88poker

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back