What do you guys recommend for increase power?

Re: What do you guys recommend for increase power?

I think M52's intake manifold is very restrictive compared to M50. Many pple have change their intake manifold to M50 and it helps to improve power.

+1 :)

there have been quite a few write-ups in the mags about swopping the intake manifolds.

you might want to do this swop before you do the ecu remapping.

halcrontech;419603 said:
I think M52's intake manifold is very restrictive compared to M50. Many pple have change their intake manifold to M50 and it helps to improve power.

markE39;419235 said:
i recently purchased a 1998 E36 320i. It is SLOW!!! can anyone recommend any upgrades i can do to improve the power. i have supersprint exhaust on it. don't think it improved that much. maybe i have to remove my cat. will chip upgrade improve acceleration? any recommended chip? am i using OBD2? hope someone can help me. thanks in advance.:)
Bro, do join the e36 guys (and 1 girl called iscoupe) for satay meetup. They will give you very good advice. :thumbsup:

achtung;419366 said:
If its a E36.... join Club Sandy (E36 Gurus).... they will "poison" you... their cars are fast!! :lol2:
heh heh, achtung, thanks for advertising for Club Sandy. jawzsg should give you a nice signature :)

C3P0;419629 said:
Bro, do join the e36 guys (and 1 girl called iscoupe) for satay meetup. They will give you very good advice. :thumbsup:

heh heh, achtung, thanks for advertising for Club Sandy. jawzsg should give you a nice signature :)

Lovely Satay I must say.
ISCoupe is not a girl... ISCoupe is a Shim....
MILK is a girl.... knock out beauty.... all E36 guys are over here. :)

Chairman.... C3P0 said you should give me a Clb Sandy signature for helping recommend/promote Club Sandy where there is a gorgeous Shim and a knock out beauty MILK :)

halcrontech;419603 said:

jinooi;419611 said:
+1 :)

there have been quite a few write-ups in the mags about swopping the intake manifolds.

you might want to do this swop before you do the ecu remapping.

i actually read that also. heard it gives very good power. problem is where to get a m50 manifold? m50 its kinda old already.

when changing to m50 intake maniford from an m52, is it a must to remap?

Or like Guru Michellin said ,,,,,,, just dump the engine fan ....dump in an electronic mercedes fan and you get better pick up and also dump in a ECU 325 HEEEEE heeee!!!

walkingdick;420659 said:
Or like Guru Michellin said ,,,,,,, just dump the engine fan ....dump in an electronic mercedes fan and you get better pick up and also dump in a ECU 325 HEEEEE heeee!!!

how do i know if the ecu of 325 is compatible?

do all ur mods 1st then remap the ecu...btw the strut bar would b at lucky plaza by tmr bro mark..anyway do u want to buy my cyberspeed open pod filter..cheap2 for u..hehe

walkingdick;420659 said:

Wow................ since when Michellin had become a GURU????? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Clean your throttle body, MAF sensor and change out the transmission fluid. Get Rodney from R2D Autoworks to upgrade your ignition at only $150 and you you can see signiicant improvement in torque.

Bro, I got 3 very good method that can immediately give you results.

1) Change to an open port air filter system eg Grupp M / Simota...etc

2) Do a ECU re map. Add some horse.

3) Pivot 3 D throttle controller installed. (cheap and efficient)

markE39;419235 said:
i recently purchased a 1998 E36 320i. It is SLOW!!! can anyone recommend any upgrades i can do to improve the power. i have supersprint exhaust on it. don't think it improved that much. maybe i have to remove my cat. will chip upgrade improve acceleration? any recommended chip? am i using OBD2? hope someone can help me. thanks in advance.:)

Hi markE39,

why not SC it? casue the rest are small mod that may not may you happy after 1 week or so.............if not transplant a 3L engine in or M3 engine........

cheers

hi guys,

thanks for all the suggestions. unfortunately i sold my 320i and instead got a 1994 325i coupe with a m50 engine single vanos.:) any recommended upgrade? so far, i did he following.

1. change valve cover gasket
2. change all spark plugs
3. change oil ad filter
4. change fuel filter
5. clean intake manifold
6. change all seals connected to the intake manifold
7. clean icv valve

im want to change my transmission fluid but im having a hard time finding the right oil for it since my transmission is JATCO. i have read in some of the forums that it uses a different kind of fluid.

thanks for reading guys.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back