What does this warning sign mean?

Contra

Hi guys

Yesterday morning when I started my car, this warning sign popped up on my dash and a triangle with ! in the middle was also present throughout my drive to work. I did not manage to take a pic bt I found a pic from another forum. After I reached my office, I turned off the engine and then started again and the warning is gone.

Called my SE and he said its the Servicing reminder warning. My car is only 4 mths old with 7000+ mileage, how is that possible? He said nothing to worry about as nothing is broken or spoilt. So far nothing wrong with the drive and the warning did not come back as well.

Anyone knows whats wrong or what do I need to do?

photozih.jpg

Re: What does this warning sign mean?

Bro,
Wat model u driving, maybe u can down load the manual ( if u dont have it)and find out

Contra;708986 said:
Hi guys

Yesterday morning when I started my car, this warning sign popped up on my dash and a triangle with ! in the middle was also present throughout my drive to work. I did not manage to take a pic bt I found a pic from another forum. After I reached my office, I turned off the engine and then started again and the warning is gone.

Called my SE and he said its the Servicing reminder warning. My car is only 4 mths old with 7000+ mileage, how is that possible? He said nothing to worry about as nothing is broken or spoilt. So far nothing wrong with the drive and the warning did not come back as well.

photozih.jpg

Hi Contra,

but i do know 8000km (there about) needs to top up engine oil.......(1L)

cheers

This mean either your rotor or brake pad are gone. Time to replace.

when u see ur dash board lights up with a lot of diff icons, Xmas is coming......

I am surprised PML employed a magician to diagnose cars via phone since he readily said nothing spoilt over the phone and so nothing to worry about.

chinweyngee;709041 said:
I tot there are other signs for these?

I encounterrd this fault before. I replaced my rotor & brake pads than the sign gone.

actually this Up Lorry sign can mean anything.. for E60 I got this when my battery was low. I thot must jack up car when I saw the sign

Contra;708986 said:
Hi guys

photozih.jpg
I know.. This sign means car too high need to lowered... Install lowering spring or coil over !!

Hi, Contra. Pl see the pic for better understanding to the fault.

Light.jpg

CalvinNg;708996 said:
Bro,
Wat model u driving, maybe u can down load the manual ( if u dont have it)and find out

Mine is the 318i, I think its called LCI right? I have the manual just that I havent flipped thru. But my SE said its nothing to worry about as its just a servicing reminder. I called the svc centre to book an appt next week, they said its not dangerous and I can keep driving it and bring the car down next week for the service consultant to take a look...

franklkk;709025 said:
This mean either your rotor or brake pad are gone. Time to replace.

thats weird, how can rotors or brake pads wear out so soon? only 7000+ km travelled..anyway will bring down to svc centre to check next week...

franklkk;709077 said:
I encounterrd this fault before. I replaced my rotor & brake pads than the sign gone.

bro did the sign stay there for long? It came up once and after I parked the car and restarted engine, its gone..

MW;709131 said:
actually this Up Lorry sign can mean anything.. for E60 I got this when my battery was low. I thot must jack up car when I saw the sign

haha yes, and my se just told me that its to remind us for servicing!

franklkk;709167 said:
Hi, Contra. Pl see the pic for better understanding to the fault.

Light.jpg

Thanks bro!

According to the chart it may be because the starter or ignition malfunction when I tried to start the car in the morning? Anyway will go down svc centre next week to check it out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcssgallery
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back