What does this warning sign mean?

Re: What does this warning sign mean?

If your SE tells you tat u must change car, faster ask him to look up at the ceiling and you quickly drive away

why is BMW still using dot matrix icons and back dated on board computer??
should catch up with other german competitors

Contra said:
haha yes, and my se just told me that its to remind us for servicing!
Classic !!!

Means everyone should get this "reminder"?

Then there will be another few hundreds asking their SEs why there was no such "reminders".......

Just an update on my svc appt for this matter.

Checked in my car this am, explained to the svc consultant on the prob (the warning symbol, took the oppty to complain abt wind noise too) and was told that I will need to leave my car for 2 days to run diagnostics and install friction mounting tape!

Told him straight that I will not leave my car there for 2 days and I expect the car to be done by the afternoon, come on, running a diagostics check on the computer and pasting some tape need 2 days? Anyway to cut the story short, got the car back by 1pm and was told all done. Diagostics done and there were no probs with the car, prob some error due to the onboard computer starting up in the morning. The so called friction mounting tape was also done. I even got a free carwash and tissue box for good measure..

Just got 1 more question on the friction mounting tape, I was examining the doors and do not really see any tapes, except for a fine strip of velvety tape running the whole length of the door frame, is that the one?

Yes tats the one.

Bro contra,

Can post a pic of the friction tape n the exact location where it's instal?

Thanks a million .

Yes that's the friction tape. Went to one of the workshop n saw other BMW install that. Ask the price was about 250 sg..

John74;713392 said:
Yes that's the friction tape. Went to one of the workshop n saw other BMW install that. Ask the price was about 250 sg..

The friction tape is supposed to help to reduce the rattling sound from the car. If the car is purchased new from PML, PML will usually stick the tape at no charge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcssgallery
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back