What Fish to keep?

Re: What Fish to keep?

hoks;985780 said:
May I know how much does a set up like this costs? Does it make any noise from the pump or stuffs? Is there such thing like an auto feeding system so that the fishes do not starve when owner is away for say a week or so?

Thanks for any advice.

Autofeeder? Got. Cheap cheap nia....

My favourite fish looks like this.

MW;985740 said:
no lah the black one, 1st on the left is Guni, u see the shape or the face u know liao...

Pengful shd have lots of fun

Why do I feel like vomiting?

pengful;985878 said:
Why do I feel like vomiting?

Will you faint??? C3P0 asking..........

Look what I found!

Oilman;986026 said:
Look what I found!

wah their 4G LTE icon damn classy...ours is ugly like Hell

Wa can report to AVA? Think they very siao On these days going around catching animals.

hoks;985780 said:
May I know how much does a set up like this costs? Does it make any noise from the pump or stuffs? Is there such thing like an auto feeding system so that the fishes do not starve when owner is away for say a week or so?

Thanks for any advice.

A full planted tank setup could be anything from a few hundred to thousands.

If you want a quiet setup you can't have an OVH filter, esp for a planted tank. You will need a cannister filter and a good, reliable and quiet one like the Eheims will cost around $150 if you get from the right shop. My Eheims have served me almost 9 years without leaks and I can barely hear them running.

Depending on the plants you want to keep, you may need a CO2 setup and possibly chillers for some temperate mosses. And yes, the auto feeders are relatively cheaper than the rest of the equipment unless you get the high end ones.

It's a poisonous hobby, I'm sure some of us here have spent more on fishes, plants and shrimps over the years than we have on our rides. All started from that $1 fish I bought from that famous fish farm that is now listed on the exchange... :verysad:

Keep sucker fish, fish tank always clean.

brosiss;986401 said:
Keep sucker fish, fish tank always clean.

You can keep ottos too. They look like little dogs and feed on algae. Much cuter and cheaper esp compared to the L series!

That's zebra otto not a L -series pleco.

This is the famous L046

800px-Hypancistrus_zebra4305.jpg

XXX;986977 said:
This? Pretty nice, what L series?

Yup. L series are sort of like "pedigree" sucker fishes. Likewhat KT posted. More expensive than ottos in general.

seanskye;987056 said:
Yup. L series are sort of like "pedigree" sucker fishes. Likewhat KT posted. More expensive than ottos in general.

L Series looks good. I wonder how much for one. easily available at fish shop like the one in clementi?

Centurion9990;987065 said:
L Series looks good. I wonder how much for one. easily available at fish shop like the one in clementi?

Slap a tiny BMW sticker on the L series' forehead, it'll not only look good, but clean the tank better too! Badge whore alert! :lol2:

Centurion9990;987065 said:

Those on the pics above are L046 zebra plecos. There are hundreds of plecos with different L-series numbers. You can visit this site to see all of them. Price ranges from $10 to tens of thousands. Some are rare and may not even be available in SG.

All L-Numbers • Cat-eLog

The L046 zebra plecos are extremely loveable, so much so that there are whole forums dedicated to them:

ZebraPleco

Depending on seasons, you can usually get them at the popular live fish shops (LFS) in Clementi (328), Yishun (618), Nanyang Aquarium near Jln Kayu, the breeding farms or from other fish-keepers.

Good to read up more about the tank requirements eg. water pH and temperature as well as compatibility with other freshwater life, so that your fishes can live longer!

Last edited by a moderator:

Is Serangoon North a good place to buy fish?

seanskye;987435 said:
Those on the pics above are L046 zebra plecos. There are hundreds of plecos with different L-series numbers. You can visit this site to see all of them. Price ranges from $10 to tens of thousands. Some are rare and may not even be available in SG.

All L-Numbers • Cat-eLog

The L046 zebra plecos are extremely loveable, so much so that there are whole forums dedicated to them:

ZebraPleco

Depending on seasons, you can usually get them at the popular live fish shops (LFS) in Clementi (328), Yishun (618), Nanyang Aquarium near Jln Kayu, the breeding farms or from other fish-keepers.

Good to read up more about the tank requirements eg. water pH and temperature as well as compatibility with other freshwater life, so that your fishes can live longer!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wholesumparts

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back