What freebies to ask for new E90 320i?

Re: What freebies to ask for new E90 320i?

hitmee said:
rule 78 only apply if u sell ur car before full settlement. if he dun sell his car, i guess it wont affect him much.
affirmative, rule 78 will apply to all cars whose purchase price (list price) excluding COE is >$55,000. and when it does, early redemption of loan before 'maturity' will be subjected to 20% penalty of the redemption rebate. there is a formula where this amount is calc, which is shown on this link http://www.dbs.com/sg/personal/loans/car/#tips.

only when list price excluding COE is

rule 78 applies to all early redemptions for car loans, since it doesn't matter to the bank whether you sold ur car or u struck toto.. as far as i know, only ntuc income does not use rule of 78 for early redemption..

briefly, rule 78 gives u a "rebate" on your total interest payable since you did not loan for the whole tenor. However, most ppl see it as a penalty since the "rebate" is quite minimal, especially in the early years of the loan.

for cars$55k excluding coe, they give back only 80% of the "rebate".
most, if not all beemers will be in the 2nd category..

Hope this helps.

gadgets said:
affirmative, rule 78 will apply to all cars whose purchase price (list price) excluding COE is >$55,000. and when it does, early redemption of loan before 'maturity' will be subjected to 20% penalty of the redemption rebate. there is a formula where this amount is calc, which is shown on this link http://www.dbs.com/sg/personal/loans/car/#tips.

only when list price excluding COE is

OIC, thanks guys for the valuable information, learned something new today!

welcome bro, pls add to my reputation. :D

leealfred said:
OIC, thanks guys for the valuable information, learned something new today!

Hi. I'm Gerald. First time posting here. I have something I'm unsure about and would like some opinions.

I'm interested in the e90 and recently went to check it out. Was quoted $129.8k. I intend not to take any loan and the SE said that he can still give rebates about $4k-$6k. I also asked about the Xenon headlights and wanted to order it factory installed. His reply shocked me. He said that if I were to order it factory installed, the total price of the car will go up to about $150k, cos they need to specially indent the car to be installed with Xenons, and transport & taxes will push the price up. Could this be possible? I ask what will it cost then to have it fitted locally, and he quoted me about $5200. How can it be possible that having it locally fitted will actually cost less than if i were to order it factory installed?

Could anyone advice? Or is the SE trying to smoke me?

i think if it is factory fitted, it will add to the OMV of the car. so after all the taxes and what not, it will more expensive to instal at the factory...

yep.. muddie is right..

more options at factory = higher omv = higher arf = higher cost price..

install locally and save some dough brudder..

tearidium said:
Hi. I'm Gerald. First time posting here. I have something I'm unsure about and would like some opinions.

I'm interested in the e90 and recently went to check it out. Was quoted $129.8k. I intend not to take any loan and the SE said that he can still give rebates about $4k-$6k. I also asked about the Xenon headlights and wanted to order it factory installed. His reply shocked me. He said that if I were to order it factory installed, the total price of the car will go up to about $150k, cos they need to specially indent the car to be installed with Xenons, and transport & taxes will push the price up. Could this be possible? I ask what will it cost then to have it fitted locally, and he quoted me about $5200. How can it be possible that having it locally fitted will actually cost less than if i were to order it factory installed?

Could anyone advice? Or is the SE trying to smoke me?

another way to look at it is that if order special to type, delivery will be in some months time. and so far promotion is only for that month (sometimes longer like the current one that was supposed to be only for jun), so order would mean no promotion price.

Turbo said:
Hi leealfred,
personally, cash rebate to me is crab. Give you 30cent and they take $1 back from you.

bro, i totally agree with you. like the camry that the PI are selling now. price is $98k, but they give you rebate of $7-8k, BUT u gotta take 10 yrs at 4.25%. then they say, oh, so effectively they selling to u at $91k. hahahaha...

Actually, you are still buying at $98k but 3.5% for 10yrs, which is the same as mkt.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88cocom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back