What intake are you on?

LondonBridge

just wanna know moer bout what intake are you all on and any review? eg. beter pick up, laggy pick up, better high end or worst low end...................

Re: What intake are you on?

LondonBridge;616135 said:
just wanna know moer bout what intake are you all on and any review? eg. beter pick up, laggy pick up, better high end or worst low end...................

Hi LB,

I'm on Gruppe M for E9x 320i. I wrote a review some months back:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/intake-system/43577-gruppe-m-virgin-drive.html

To summarize: slight low-end loss, very nice high-end gains, and most of all the sound is damn shiok! Car also wants to pull and pull when at high speed, I guess because of the ram-air. :)

First day or so the car is quite sluggish, I guess as the engine adapts to the increased air mass. My recommendation is to pair the new intakes with either an ECU tune (or pbox/jbox if you are on a 6-potter), and/or a throttle booster like Velocity or Sprintbooster to mitigate/eliminate the slight low-end loss.

im on 2000 caloric intake per day... but hum@n is taking 20000

I'm driving E90 320i LCI currently intending to buy gruppe m ram air too however worried abt low end suffers. I like the sporty sound though ARGHHH shld i get it or shld i not?

ongyw;616875 said:
I'm driving E90 320i LCI currently intending to buy gruppe m ram air too however worried abt low end suffers. I like the sporty sound though ARGHHH shld i get it or shld i not?

I got it with absolutely no regrets. :) If you're worried can go for engine tune + throttle boost, confirm won't feel low end loss. I never complain my 320i is slow. ;)

the "fastest" 320 in spore :lol:

pbear1973;616954 said:
I got it with absolutely no regrets. :) If you're worried can go for engine tune + throttle boost, confirm won't feel low end loss. I never complain my 320i is slow. ;)

wt_know;616961 said:
the "fastest" 320 in spore :lol:

Hahaha don't know about that.. I think there's sure to be someone here with the Arma supercharger.. that one sure win.. unless the engine block up lorry halfway.. :p

My thought was that gruppe m was a 'high-end' intake thus efforts have been made in their r&d. Lets say if the result was not good i believe they wont risk tarnishing their name and release to the consumer. Having say that if changing intake wont give much gain, how much loss wld it give too. My eisenmann not very loud man. My gf says it sounds 'weak' aka 'stock'. Hope that changing to gruppe m will do wonders to my ride. ROARRRR

ongyw;617428 said:
My thought was that gruppe m was a 'high-end' intake thus efforts have been made in their r&d. Lets say if the result was not good i believe they wont risk tarnishing their name and release to the consumer. Having say that if changing intake wont give much gain, how much loss wld it give too. My eisenmann not very loud man. My gf says it sounds 'weak' aka 'stock'. Hope that changing to gruppe m will do wonders to my ride. ROARRRR

Well it does, but only at higher RPMs lor.. above 2000 or 2500. If you want roar at low RPM/idle need to change exos..

Anyway i'm going to maximus racing to get it install soon. Wanna see the lady behind the phone who spoke to me =) she mentioned that many bros installed with them and dint complain abt low end suffers so far. Hopefully it is true.

ongyw;617724 said:
Anyway i'm going to maximus racing to get it install soon. Wanna see the lady behind the phone who spoke to me =) she mentioned that many bros installed with them and dint complain abt low end suffers so far. Hopefully it is true.

Well I can tell you that my Gruppe M makes me smile whenever I have to overtake.. :)

No longer on gruppe-m cos of 1 channel open on BMW original intake kit.
Installed Simota carbon fiber - cold air intake with both channel open for more air.

performance improved.

cheers...

Last edited by a moderator:

allenrazak;782975 said:
No longer on gruppe-m cos of 1 channel open on BMW original intake kit.
Installed Simota carbon fiber - cold air intake with both channel open for more air.

performance improved.

cheers...

Is it louder also? Can pm me the price you paid? Thanks bud..

Afe magnum 2... Very very de good

Lol.. Thought this was a reply to my thread! iPhone screen a little small! Will research it anyways, looking for loud intake :)

Actually ... Believe it or not ... The stock airbox as a closed pod concept is actually very good already .

Best bang for value ?
Drop in K&N or AFE Pro 5R filter and maybe an air scoop to channel the air in better .

Just my two cents :)

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back