What is overtrade really?

Re: What is overtrade really?

Hi, I am think of getting a 320i could you share what sort of overtrade or discount generally will be given.

FASTCARS;849285 said:
Hi, I am think of getting a 320i could you share what sort of overtrade or discount generally will be given.

new model, low overtrade..
PML wanna suck first blood.. :lol2:

yup ... first batch buyer chop robert syndrome ...
willing buyer willing seller ... no complaint
i think smelly smelly still got $5k overtrade ba ... just for you to feel shiok

nighthawkcity;849321 said:
new model, low overtrade..
PML wanna suck first blood.. :lol2:

Anyone know when the cocky syndrome will be gone so typically 6mth after car launch? That is SE again face the real world - buyer market.

wt_know;849322 said:

To make it simple, overtrade is the amount they add on to the trade in price for your existing car. Main objective is to allow buyer to buy a car without having to take out cash. Like what some bros said, this amount is already being factored in the cost price. If lets say you have no outstanding loan, you can either use it to offset your cost price (like discount) or you can take the cash (just like borrowing money from bank for 1.88%pa).

I always go for max loan and if can take money, i will take. This is because car loan offers the lowest interest rate at less than 2%. I will then use the cash to invest. Returns can be much higher. Even if you dislike risk, take the cash to invest in bonds which can give you a stable returns of 3-5%, which is still higher than the 2%. So theoretically, the lesser money you loan, the more money you get to lose.

wt_know;849322 said:

offered me $2k!! push abit maybe go to $5k ba..
and this was back in June..

FASTCARS;850812 said:
Anyone know when the cocky syndrome will be gone so typically 6mth after car launch? That is SE again face the real world - buyer market.

if sales is good.. probably all the way to near facelift period when they wanna clear stocks.. :whattheh::whipper:

max loan and take money promo got penalty when sell car right
unless drive for 10 years? :lol:

snowmanyee;851341 said:
To make it simple, overtrade is the amount they add on to the trade in price for your existing car. Main objective is to allow buyer to buy a car without having to take out cash. Like what some bros said, this amount is already being factored in the cost price. If lets say you have no outstanding loan, you can either use it to offset your cost price (like discount) or you can take the cash (just like borrowing money from bank for 1.88%pa).

I always go for max loan and if can take money, i will take. This is because car loan offers the lowest interest rate at less than 2%. I will then use the cash to invest. Returns can be much higher. Even if you dislike risk, take the cash to invest in bonds which can give you a stable returns of 3-5%, which is still higher than the 2%. So theoretically, the lesser money you loan, the more money you get to lose.

wt_know;851354 said:

Positive, but it still work out to be around 3-4% depending on how long you drive your car. Use the rule72 formula.still profit...

Last edited by a moderator:

snowmanyee;851341 said:

It's not less than 2%.. the EIR i think is 3-4%

detach8;851468 said:
It's not less than 2%.. the EIR i think is 3-4%

abt 4%..
still outperformable.. but depends on risk appetite.. :silenced:

wt_know;851354 said:

Not really depends on loan specs n terms. My pml loan allow for exclusion from rule 78 n hence no rebate penalty if redeem after 2 yrs.

nighthawkcity;851478 said:
abt 4%..
still outperformable.. but depends on risk appetite.. :silenced:

Positive. Returns still better even for safe investment. ;-)

ginmin;851480 said:
Not really depends on loan specs n terms. My pml loan allow for exclusion from rule 78 n hence no rebate penalty if redeem after 2 yrs.

yes. I was told that too.

I did that for my previous two cars... take the cash in hand for investment and reap profits much much more yhan the 2% pa car loan interest and its definitely a viable option for me. Another benefit is i have cash in hand in case of emergency use and interest of 2% pa is much lower than the 16-24% pa bank loan rates.... just my humble opinion.

ginmin;851480 said:

the loan for my e90 from PML in early 2010 states that there is 20% penalty on interest for early redemption. guess things have changed now since car prices are so high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back