What is Swiss Standard of Living?

Re: What is Swiss Standard of Living?

In the past, standard of living is considered good if there is adequate healthcare, affordable housing and education for the masses and a substantial public transport system.

Today, good standard of living is about having a car, condominium, university degree and advance healthcare system. This is Singapore.

The Swiss way is perhaps more focused on quality of life which does not boil down to owning expensive cars or houses. They produce quality products, top banks and bankers and perhaps a more hassle free life. This is probably typical of the European culture.

One could argue that it is such pursuit for quality living that have enabled the Swiss or Europeans to breed the best engineers and financiers in the world (I am not pro FT) but isn't the environment, in which one is brought up in, crucial to the personal development? This is perhaps the highest standard of living that we can try to achieve.

You mean the actual swiss standard of living or PAP's swiss standard of living?

Slow_poke_driver;954816 said:
You mean the actual swiss standard of living or PAP's swiss standard of living?
I want to know both as well as comparison btw both version.

Carl's Junior's burger is swiss standard.

BK's Mushroom Swiss is wannabe.

Yes indeed... But what is PAP Swiss Standart of living?
glntan;954703 said:
Free education, very cheap health care, low poverty, clean and affordable living environment with high employment.

First world standard is when locals are willing to take up jobs like construction workers, cleaners, plumbers etc.

Yes . These jobs are highly paid and they are not consider as labourers rather skillful workers.
ccc;954920 said:
First world standard is when locals are willing to take up jobs like construction workers, cleaners, plumbers etc.

John74;954928 said:
Yes . These jobs are highly paid and they are not consider as labourers rather skillful workers.

Have to increase the wages for workers. It is common to pay 3-5k for construction workers and plumbers. And educate locals to be ALOT MORE civic-minded. Our public toilets for eg is a complete NIGHTMARE!

Just imagine a day without cleaners cleaning public toilets and sweeping our hdb estate.

If our system did not catalyze these as labourers low paid jobs I believe Singaporeans are willing to take up all these jobs. Why countries like japan, Norway, sweden, switerland etc... they don't use immigrants to do all these jobs!! Go to their public toliets its always clean like home. It's becos of their education system , how they are being bought up..
ccc;954930 said:
Have to increase the wages for workers. It is common to pay 3-5k for construction workers and plumbers. And educate locals to be ALOT MORE civic-minded. Our public toilets for eg is a complete NIGHTMARE!

Just imagine a day without cleaners cleaning public toilets and sweeping our hdb estate.

John74;954944 said:
If our system did not catalyze these as labourers low paid jobs I believe Singaporeans are willing to take up all these jobs. Why countries like japan, Norway, sweden, switerland etc... they don't use immigrants to do all these jobs!! Go to their public toliets its always clean like home. It's becos of their education system , how they are being bought up..
Our education system or value of our society always has a $ & cents to it. When do civic mindedness being taught?

davidtch;954947 said:
Our education system or value of our society always has a $ & cents to it. When do civic mindedness being taught?

Do we still have moral education?

Talk about civic mindedness, my estate always got jokers throwing down glass bottles and also food without tying in a rubbish bag into the rubbish chute!

ccc;954949 said:
Talk about civic mindedness, my estate always got jokers throwing down glass bottles and also food without tying in a rubbish bag into the rubbish chute!

In my estate, people throw rubbish out of their windows!

Nowadays people are too busy making money. Got free time also make other things like babies. Talk moral? That's when people retire.

I never say Pap is the root cause.

this is my swiss std of living

[video=youtube;Z4d96dZSnto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4d96dZSnto[/video]

This is my living standard of Swiss :lol2:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members