What is the standard hifi system that comes with the 523?

poverello

I just switched from an Audi A4 to a 523..The BMW sound system is really poor. It appears that it comes with only 4 speakers. Highs are muted. No midrange and bass is really all over the place and muddled.

Question..What is the standard audio system that comes with the BMW? I would like to change the 4 speakers and probably fit in speakers into the empty speaker window slot. Would like to keep the changes as simple as possible. Any advice?

Re: What is the standard hifi system that comes with the 523?

I found that the A4 sound system is much better than the 5 series even though it is a segment lower. However, after I installed the Voltage Stablizer and Enhancer (new, about $800), the sound improved remarkably.

How does that help? A bit surprised...Is that something I can get from PML? or elsewhere?

this subject has been discussed in recent threads....do take a read, and seek further help if needed... :)

poverello;283426 said:
How does that help? A bit surprised...Is that something I can get from PML? or elsewhere?

Ok was in same boat as you so I read the other related threads and spoke to good ole Amos for advice. So I popped down to see Jason at Dynasty Soundcraft and here is what we agreed on after I gave him a budget or around 2k (which we exceeded by 50% in the end)

1. Focal Tweeters
2. 2 X Eton Amps (Yes apparently I need two to drive all the speakers)
3. RF Subwoofer
4. AudioControl Line Driver

Keep the stock headset and NO drilling. And specified that I didn't want the thump thump sounds emanating from my car that you hear from WRXs :yikess:

Any comments guys?

I am kinda particular about doing major surgery on opening up the dashboard, door panels etc. So you kept the door speakers and fitted Focal tweeters in the window. where do the amps go? Does the RF subwoofer go into the boot?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back