What is this sign - Gear with !

Re: What is this sign - Gear with !

it is auto trans problem. Need to bring back to pml.

Re: What is this sign - Gear with ! in the centre

vngooi;491863 said:
Hi TobyNik,

Would u be able to advise how to check country of manufacture based on the VIN code? (realoem does not reflect country of manufacture)

Thanks

Sorry! Did not see your post......

Here you go :)

BMW VIN Equipment Codes

I'm driving E90 320....The sign suddenly appear.... My car can't seems to be able to change gear.

Call the mobile service.... Knn, that fella says he have nvr came across the gear sign with '!' so can't help me and ask me go back svr centre....

Any bro know how long must my car be 'warded' in PML service centre....

Fishsee;503347 said:
I'm driving E90 320....The sign suddenly appear.... My car can't seems to be able to change gear.

Call the mobile service.... Knn, that fella says he have nvr came across the gear sign with '!' so can't help me and ask me go back svr centre....

Any bro know how long must my car be 'warded' in PML service centre....

Did you try switch off, wait a while then start engine again?

Sometimes that works......

If all else fail, then got warranty lah....MAI KIA!:goodup:

TobyNik;503358 said:
Did you try switch off, wait a while then start engine again?

Sometimes that works......

If all else fail, then got warranty lah....MAI KIA!:goodup:

I tried that many time last night but it didn't work....

This morning wake up early drive my car to PML but everythg seems alright liao....

The service centre says like that nothing they can do and ask me to book a servicing date so that they can run a full dignostic test...

Scary leh... I dunno when will this happen again and the nearest servicing date is weeks away....

Happened to me just two days ago.

Car felt somewhat underpowered (even more than usual). Went to pickup daughter, stopped and let it idle. As I was leaving the gear with (!) came on plus ABS light and lost power. Then died.

Left it a while and tried to restart - it could restart and move but within 10 meters same indicator came on again... and quickly moved to side road and shutdown engine.

Towed to BVO turned out that the alternator died and the car was running on battery. So when battery died the car died.

So it wasn't the transmission or the ABS.

ucypmas;503502 said:
Happened to me just two days ago.

Car felt somewhat underpowered (even more than usual). Went to pickup daughter, stopped and let it idle. As I was leaving the gear with (!) came on plus ABS light and lost power. Then died.

Left it a while and tried to restart - it could restart and move but within 10 meters same indicator came on again... and quickly moved to side road and shutdown engine.

Towed to BVO turned out that the alternator died and the car was running on battery. So when battery died the car died.

So it wasn't the transmission or the ABS.

thanks for sharing.

i had this problem too a mth back.
was stationery at traffic light when suddenly felt a big jerk and the gear with ! sign came on.
bo pian light turn green i moved on, with the gear stucked at a very low gear and it was like dragging all the way.
lucky was already quite close to home.
parked, switched off engine went home to see manual as dun know wtf went wrong.
came down after 15 mins, on engine everything fine. went for a 10min drive ard, everything fine.
till now i still dont know wtf caused the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back