What makes BMW cars the Ultimate Driving Machine?

Re: What makes BMW cars the Ultimate Driving Machine?

kenntona;1099006 said:
You realise most of us do not whack the car to say 75% of the car potential? Simi ultimate?
Most are concerned about FC, that's why.

Both are sedans, if I had to choose between the 2, I would go for comfort and take the E class.

rttc;1099078 said:
Wow! Thanks for all the comments.
Why I purchased the F10 instead of going back to merc?
1. C&C couldn't match what PML was offering for my f10
2. current E-class backseats cannot be folded down whereas f10 comes as standard
The first reason was the main one. Of course, it helped that BMWs are of equal status as the merc so it wouldn't matter since the status is still there yet my f10 is much cheaper than getting the current e200.

My prev ride was W211 - back in 1996.

I am not trying to test the car experts here in this forum but really, after owning the f10 for 4 months now, I was asking myself what makes it the UDM?
Of course it's not fair to compare the f10 to a W211 but I felt my W211 is as 'good' as the f10 :
* my last set of tires were Hankok ventus v12 245/45R17 and it was magic on my W211 - I have tried rather sharp junction corners under raining conditions and it was very stable!
* engine noise - yes, my w211 was noisier than the f10 but I've yet to try the new e200 to compare. Perhaps this is the main draw of a BMW for the layman?
* FC - merc was more efficient than this f10
* effortless drive - perhaps the f10 is slightly better than my old merc ... but then again, maybe I should compare with new e200?

Again, I do not have any opportunities to test the f10 in any fanciful or advanced situations so that's why I think the merc & bmw are both about the same for the layman like me.

TS, how much was the 520 and E200 which PML and C&C offered you?
Also I assume you are comparing the basic model vs the sart sart Avagande/Luxury.

Anyone willing to hand me his F10 car key, i can show u what is UDM in Sg road. Of course no crazy speed at midnight.

Hi TS,

After driving a few different makes of cars, I felt there is only 1 thing that diffrentiates
BMW from others or Japanese car.. Try cornering at 120 km/hr with BMW, of cos with
good grip tyres.. BMW will hold the road very well..Others might just skidded across..

I went for the BMW advanced course and with the road splashing lots of mama lemon,
we cornered a round bend at 120 km/hr thru it, but somehow it just doesnt skid at all..
Dunno what technology it is about this BMW ABS that holds it so well..
My thoughts cheers..

steve9733;1099267 said:
I went for the BMW advanced course and with the road splashing lots of mama lemon,
we cornered a round bend at 120 km/hr thru it, but somehow it just doesnt skid at all..
My thoughts cheers..

What??!! BMW Advance driving course uses Mama Lemon? Not convincing leh. Try industrial grade grease then I believe them.:twisted:

steve9733;1099267 said:
Hi TS,

After driving a few different makes of cars, I felt there is only 1 thing that diffrentiates
BMW from others or Japanese car.. Try cornering at 120 km/hr with BMW, of cos with
good grip tyres.. BMW will hold the road very well..Others might just skidded across..

My thoughts cheers..

Was this done at PG? Which corner they put mama lemon and let you corner at 120?

davidtch;1099233 said:
Anyone willing to hand me his F10 car key, i can show u what is UDM in Sg road. Of course no crazy speed at midnight.

Got any videos to show what stunts can be done? Just to give an idea ...

It's the superior DSC and suspension design .....

ABS is when driver jammed brake at the wrong time .... Quite universal.

steve9733;1099267 said:
Hi TS,

My thoughts cheers..

rttc;1104297 said:
Got any videos to show what stunts can be done? Just to give an idea ...
Good stuff should not be shared via Youtube.

Based on these comments, I reckoned a 318 will chiet a GTR around corners.

Ultimate driving machine across all models !!!

316 can liao. BMW. Sheer driving pleasure

Despite the price tag, F30 316 is for badge whore.

davidtch;1104395 said:
Despite the price tag, F30 316 is for badge whore.
Dun lidat. 316 is for the fc...

Meek;1104396 said:
Dun lidat. 316 is for the fc...
316: 13.2km/L
320: 12.5km/L

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups