What petrol best for E90 320i

Re: What petrol best for E90 320i

i used the same as u but only get 8km/l. 2mth old car nia so must be my driving style and the 80% city driving conditions.

here's the deal, techwise. sorry copy paste from msn.

it will be in your manual 95 miniumum
ok here's the deal
if only 1 person, at low speed, you can use 95 without issues.
but if fully loaded go to KL higher speed ....
your 95 will cause the engine to retard ignition
ignition retardation results in low power, which will cause you to press the throttle some more, and this in turn further retards ignition
all this results in horrific fuel consumption if you use 95 for high speed fully loaded trips
but for city driving, 1-2 people, 95 is fine, just don't gun the throttle if you wanna keep the fuel bills down.

centurion;359976 said:

it will be in your manual 95 miniumum
ok here's the deal
ignition retardation results in low power, which will cause you to press the throttle some more, and this in turn further retards ignition
all this results in horrific fuel consumption if you use 95 for high speed fully loaded trips
but for city driving, 1-2 people, 95 is fine, just don't gun the throttle if you wanna keep the fuel bills down.

Thanks!

So if me drive alone or with 1 passenger and me chiong plenty, then 98 will be a much betta choice!!!! :yummie:

I find Shell gives better mileage than Esso. Currently using Shell 95 or Esso 95. Ocassionally use Esso 98 or Shell V-Power when pump in Malaysia which gives more power!

Was told by users that Esso / Mobil fuels 98 and Synergy gives good power and smoothness, am not sure on that but I personally prefer Shell V-Power, it has been working well.

Helloooo, don't save the 20 - 30 bucks and use inferior grade petrol. Come on people, thses are hi compression 'performance' engines.
Use the highest grade you can get at the pumps here or you are going to get mechanical and knocking noises under loads. :screwedu:

An update. I tried Esso8000 and the difference is visible. The power and torque at lower rpm is definitely better than when I tried Shell 98 :) But my mileage suffers slightly. So I guess you win some you lose some. haha. Think will switch to Esso for a while for the kick. Anyone knows which credit card gives the best savings from Esso? Using UOB One currently.

shaun_yu;362403 said:
An update. I tried Esso8000 and the difference is visible. The power and torque at lower rpm is definitely better than when I tried Shell 98 :) But my mileage suffers slightly. So I guess you win some you lose some. haha. Think will switch to Esso for a while for the kick. Anyone knows which credit card gives the best savings from Esso? Using UOB One currently.

DBS Esso Mastercard - 5% on top of prevailing store pump discount
(e.g. 5% pump discount + 5% DBS MC = 10%)

Plus you get smiles points. (about 3% rebate)
Plus you get DBS points. (about 2-3% rebate)

Any others better?

totoseow;358031 said:
try shell, caltex, mobil/esso or spc.

do not use knife brand.
Superb Shot on that cat !! Just can't stop laughing when I saw this thread :p

niteblu;362418 said:
DBS Esso Mastercard - 5% on top of prevailing store pump discount
(e.g. 5% pump discount + 5% DBS MC = 10%)

Plus you get smiles points. (about 3% rebate)
Plus you get DBS points. (about 2-3% rebate)

Any others better?
SPC is 8% discount if you spend SGD500/- in one month. Get 5% cash rebate if using POSB VISA card. Total of 13% saving !

gulp

I dont even use 92 octane in my lawn mower. Its too hot here to use 92, your car will pre ignite its tits off. Mine pings on 98, cant imagine on 92.

Decided to go for 98 yesterday night even though i've always been a 95 person for the past 10yrs or so.

After dinner yesterday and this PM went changi airport for lunch and back, i check my trip meter and it said 100km. Checked the balance km and HOLY SHIT, it says still got 680 km left before need to top up!!! Means full tank can go 780km?!?!. Very surprised even though i know the expressway with no jams helped a great deal. But never have i seen such high mileage for my car. Discount 20% i still get about 600+ which is much higher then 500km or so that i normally get.

If i can get 600 for next tank of 98, i'll be a convert.

centurion;359976 said:

it will be in your manual95 miniumum
ok here's the deal

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back