what shoud be the fuel comsumption norm for E46 318i ?

Re: what shoud be the fuel comsumption norm for E46 318i ?

I am achieving only 430-450 from full tank to low-fuel light. I understand from a few friends driving similar 318i Sport that this is a realistic figure (mainly city driving).

Switch to manual which i did and it will save you quite a bit man.

From 13l to 9.9 l and better control.

Liverpudlian said:
Switch to manual which i did and it will save you quite a bit man.

From 13l to 9.9 l and better control.
Wau, you did a tranny conversion?

Is it LTA approved?

is the manual tranny you got recon or brand new?

I think he meant Steptronic. Truly agree that using the steptronic mode does bring down the consumption a bit.

Usually i would get around 300Km at 1/2 tank, but surprisingly the consumption rate will increase after the half tank mark. Would get around 450km when low fuel light comes on. City driving usually.

Yup Steptronic i mean.

Just recorded my full tank is about 590km. Half tank was 300km. So i work out that my 2004 320i sedan 2.2l is about 1 litre about 9.5km.

I keep comparing with my VVTI in my past ride and really vomit blood but realise that actually pretty resonable for me ride.

Full tank at Shell today then stupid mobil now 15%. :furious:

Normally, a fuel tank is not of regular shape... it is something like a funnel shape thus the volume is generally smaller at the base... thus it is unlikely that you will get the same mileage as the 1st half of your tank for your 2nd half. Furthermore, there is a reserve amount which you have not used as you will probably top up when the low fuel lights up :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back