What tyre pressure to pump?

Re: What tyre pressure to pump?

Liv2Golf;785278 said:
There isn't one for my rims size

Then your rim size is incorrect for the car model, probably too large?

i pump 240 for all 4 tyres.

how much tyre pressue for each car is individual taste .
1 thing for sure do not under inflat to have comfort on low profile tyre like 40 profile .
which could lead to weaken the sidewall , all tyre needs air pressue to carrry your load not tyre sidewall.

I have 20 inch rims.... 235 front and 255 back.... the car recommended settings were 230 and 250 if you are not carrying too many people or luggage.

Guy,

I just changed to 245/30/20 and 275/30/20 but after changing, it gives me "tyre might be puncture" alarm. So, I went to petrol kiosk and pump 260 each and the indication disappear....

Steering becomes very light but I am worried that during a hot day, the front tyres might just burst :p

just wondering if there is some charts or something for tyre pressure and how did you guys pump usually do it?

Sorry for the nobb quest :)
Thanks!
Hi mate I know it's a while ago just wondering how the tyre pressures went as I've got same tyres on my bmw 520d 2012 f10 at mo I'm running 36 front and 38 rear thanks

Guy,

I just changed to 245/30/20 and 275/30/20 but after changing, it gives me "tyre might be puncture" alarm. So, I went to petrol kiosk and pump 260 each and the indication disappear....

Steering becomes very light but I am worried that during a hot day, the front tyres might just burst :p

just wondering if there is some charts or something for tyre pressure and how did you guys pump usually do it?

Thanks!
Hi mate how did the tyre pressure go as I'm also in the same situation

Read your manual

You will need to reset your TPMS/RPA to "accept" the new pressure. If not it will assume your tyre are being deflated due to a leak
Thanks for reply I've no tpms or anything on dash just wondering as these aren't standard size wheels just wondering what pressures to put in them 245 30 20 front and 275 30 20 rear as I've read any options on tyre pressures from people just not sure many thanks for reply

Thanks for reply I've no tpms or anything on dash just wondering as these aren't standard size wheels just wondering what pressures to put in them 245 30 20 front and 275 30 20 rear as I've read any options on tyre pressures from people just not sure many thanks for reply

You mentioned that you also received a "tyre might be puncture" alarm therefore there must be some sort of monitoring if not you would have never received this alarm.

Guy,

Thanks!

I'm currently running 33psi front and 35 rear. So you can try plus minus around the range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElsieHarris
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back